Author Topic: Dude, I just got a Dell....  (Read 1680 times)

... shaped paper weight.

Hard-drive is failing.  It currently is failing to start-up.  With what I've dug up through google's help is that I may be able to recover some of it, but it basically is all going to hell.

Any advice on buying a new hard-drive?

Yes, sell the whole thing and make a new computer.

If help is needed, ask Reactor Worker.

If you are buying a new hard-drive then get a new computer.

Cost of a new hard-drive ≤ The amount of money that can be squeezed to get the computer working again <Cost of a new computer

Also, for all real purposes, I'll be off BL until the hard-drive is replaced and a computer in my house can run blockland without being crippled.

I've had a stock dell for years, and I've never had problems. Then again, I know how to operate a computer without getting cheese on the hard drive and replacing the OS install disks with chips.

We have a dell but it sucks in comparison to my macbook pro. :D

We have a dell but it sucks in comparison to my macbook pro. :D
No, Everything is better than a MacBook Pro.

Even your backlight-less laptop? :o

Even your backlight-less laptop? :o
Yup.
It's the sad truth, but even my backlight-less hard to see laptop is better than a MacBook Pro.

Those are the words of the devil! Nothing is better than a new macbook pro! The People that hate mac hate it because they are dumb to try use it. Mac is the professional operating system.

Those are the words of the devil! Nothing is better than a new macbook pro! The People that hate mac hate it because they are dumb to try use it. Mac is the professional operating system.

Oh, really now?
Bought a Mac Mini back in 2005, brand new.
I took it home, hooked it up.
Played around with it, and hated it intensely.
Went back to my old 1998 Sony Vaio. It ran better than the Mac Mini.

Oh, and last time I checked, Linux was the "professional operating system".

The People that hate mac hate it because they are dumb to try use it.
You're just making my backlight-less laptop looking better.

I use a mac every day at school. In overall design, Windows and Mac are the same thing. As for the Macbook: It's total crap, and as for nearly all of apple's products: they're all pretentious and overpriced, loud, and extremely ugly attempts at looking like "the future". I find it awkward to use and pretty dodgy at best. For the money you spend on a STOCK Mac anything, you can get an extremely powerful PC. Mac users are usually just as pretentious tools that pay out their ass for the brand name, without actually knowing anything about it, and any good mac user won't make a stupid argument about it. Finally, this diagram:

Wow, I didn't expect this to turn into a mac vs. pc debate.

Oh, and by the way, I'm post this from my 8-9 year old powerbook that still works fine, but simply is to old to play modern games, while the paper weight sits there, broken.

Least you got flash games. Try out plasma burst
http://gevanni.com/projects/plazma_burst/
He updated it extensively and it is now a decent game. He even did some weapon balancing.