LOL LEGO

Author Topic: LOL LEGO  (Read 3697 times)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13442193/from/rs.3/

Just some small snipets, if you don't want to read the article.

Some Lego products, including the popular Lego Technic and Bionicle, will still be made at Lego’s headquarters in Billund, 160 miles west of Copenhagen, which presently has a staff of 3,000 employees.

The production of the basic Lego bricks will be handled by Flextronics, a Singapore-based electronics manufacturer, which operates factories in Mexico and in eastern Europe. Flextronics also is taking over Lego’s factory in Kladno, in the Czech Republic, beginning Aug. 1.
Byrne also said that Lego had suffered as it started to offer too many types of products, like radio-controlled toys, chasing the latest fads. Under Knudstorp, who took the reins in late 2004, Lego has refocused on compelling construction toys and pared down operations.

In 2005, the company sold off its four Legoland amusement parks in Billund, Denmark; Windsor near London; in Carlsbad, Calif.; and in Munich, Germany to U.S.-based private equity group Blackstone Capital Partners

Just business as usual. They originally started making Lego bricks here because of the cheaper cost, and now it's cheaper to move it to other countries. I hope they can start making more money again though. I like Lego.

LEGO is the best toy ever because you make what your heart desires. like mine desires CENSORED with little CENSORED pices that you can CENSORED

some of my my favorite things
legos
starwars
videogames
lego videogames
lego starwars
starwars videogames
lego starwars the videogame
rtb
not being insulted by DTM|SWE

i like that picture of the lego HQ. it looks very lego-like lol

so its because of the competition with "gadgets" and other modern toys?

seems lego would have givin badspot more then the runaround for blockland. its what they need almost