Author Topic: Microphone/Headset Feedback Problem  (Read 1772 times)

I'm having a problem with my headphones, everytime i talk into the micrphone the sound like loops. If im not talking theres a constant buzzing noise always.

I had this problem before updating my sound card and its still here. I've tried two different headsets its not the headsets.

People say they can hear their voices in ventrillo when im holding down my talk button. I've googled stuff but i have no idea what to do nothing anyone suggested has worked.

anyone have any ideas...?

You've already disabled your speakers correct?

Try your system preferences. Make sure everything is in tune.

Maybe she's just blaring her headphones so damn loud that the mic can't help but pick it up.

Maybe she's just blaring her headphones so damn loud that the mic can't help but pick it up.
This usually is it.

Ok if your using XP then double click the sound icon in the taskbar (bottom right), then go to options->properties->select "playback" -> check the box that says microphone->press OK->check the "mute box" under microphone. Problem solved. If its a USB headset you may have to do other stuff.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 09:20:23 PM by Starcraftman »

Yeah, those durn kids!

WHAT!? I DIDN'T HEAR YOU!

My friend, the cords in your mic got mixed up, cut, or tangled.

You'll need a new mic.

My friend, the cords in your mic got mixed up, cut, or tangled.

You'll need a new mic.

No he does not need a new mic, i am pretty sure that what i suggested will fix the problem, if jess is using XP.

No he does not need a new mic, i am pretty sure that what i suggested will fix the problem, if jess is using XP.

Lay off, your infromation isn't even good. I stopped half-way through on reading it.

I know my directions are a bit confusing but im writing these replies inbetween rounds in TF2. I am still pretty sure that if you or Jess bothered to figure out my directions, they would work.

Lay off, your infromation isn't even good. I stopped half-way through on reading it.
How do you know it's not good if you only read half of it?