Author Topic: Pandemic Breaks Out  (Read 27224 times)

EDIT: Just received word that if anyone at my school gets infected, the school will close down until the situation is resolved.

Recently, since it's near the last few weeks of school, teachers have been bombarding us with enough homework to keep me busy for a night. This might sound wrong, but I'm kinda hoping...
Same here, which isn't good because that means we'll have school in June. D:
But also same here with the bombarding with homework, and projects.
We just got done writing an eight paragraph essay on what occupation you're interested in, and now we have to write a five paragraph essay on how interested you are in some other person's occupation that they were interested in.
ASHDKAJL

I just heard it on the radio that a Hungarian pharmaceutical company made some bases for future vaccines. Those vaccines will be definitely sent abroad first, haha.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:25:35 AM by Barnabas »

No, you're not.  But that isn't what you'd look at in this situation: People in the US, especially mothers of newborns, are now going to be even more worried about the death rate.  This is because they think the treatment is now failing, or that the strain is getting worse.  When, from as far as we know, it hasn't much changed since a week ago.

From what I've heard, some media stations had only released the fact that an infant, in the US, had died from Swine Flu.  And yes, that is true, but they didn't release the additional information.

The media likes to cause panic: let us refer back to the Y2K.
You're a jackass for not reading.

How old were you in 1999?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 06:38:09 AM by Ronin »

The Swine Flu also broke out about 20 some years ago. It's happened before, so now they're working on a vaccine that will be ready to test in 2 months. So in that time, just wash your hands a whole bunch, keep them away from your face, and cover your mouth/nose when you cough/sneeze.

O sniz it is in Lithuania, Finland.
I don't want it to arrive here. D:

i live 10 miles from the mexico border!(Born in america LEGALY! dont flame) Everyone at my school is wearing masks, and 2 days ago this kid came in HORRIBLY sick. Everyone ran home, and the school was closed for the day. WOW this is worse that the 07 fires!

Got to love the paranoid. Reminds me of the time Y2K was around. I kept telling people "Good, then we can start all over and hopefully not screw the human race over again" Or when people were freaking out about some salmonella outbreak in a local Taco Bell chain. I went there and ate till I was stuffed and people thought I was crazy. Point is, if it's my time to die, so be it. I don't plan to live my life in fear of diseases I just plan to live life as best I can until my time is up.

The human race needs to restart, the forgets who only care about money and not looking into our technological expences are screwing us over.

Got to love the paranoid. Reminds me of the time Y2K was around. I kept telling people "Good, then we can start all over and hopefully not screw the human race over again" Or when people were freaking out about some salmonella outbreak in a local Taco Bell chain. I went there and ate till I was stuffed and people thought I was crazy. Point is, if it's my time to die, so be it. I don't plan to live my life in fear of diseases I just plan to live life as best I can until my time is up.
You're pretty brave, I admire that.

There is some kind of gas mask thing in my basement. If everything turns L4D like, im grabbing a shotgun. there is 4 people in my family.

bad news: one of my friends got infected :(

well you have an hour to kill your friend before he turns into one of them, oh wait wrong virus.

Ontopic: srry man

ok if it comes to iceland witch it probobly wont becouse were a small island country that dosent get meny visitors but if it does im gonna make my mom and dad stay home and i will get a gas mask and i wont touch anyone and ill be inside all day...(escouse to be inside) but other then that sorry dude

We must flee to Alaska!

The human race needs to restart, the forgets who only care about money and not looking into our technological expences are screwing us over.
Qft.

I hope this mutates into Solanum. I would love to deal with a huge uprising.