Author Topic: Bumps  (Read 3498 times)

Really, people are getting out of control for bumping there topics, a example is
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=66585.msg1125040#new
express your feeling about bumping

Only 3 days, thats your "Out of control" reason?
Not really a worth making a topic over.

Bump.
Hurr Durr :D
UR SO FUNNY. HAHAHHAHA

Anyways, yeah it's kinda annoying. I remember this one guy who bumped his topic three times in a row. After two minutes.

Tom

I think it is okay to bump your topic for about 2 days after you post in it. After people stop posting, the topic is deap, let it die.

I think what's going on is the perpetrators click all over the loving site or something until they forget up the chronological order of threads and end up posting in some crazy moon pattern and ultimately bump up an old thread. Why they get the urge to click on any loving thing on the board before going into a thread is beyond me, I'm not a handicap major.

Although, this has happened accidentally to a few people before. Still who knows

At least they can't bump them from the last loving page anymore.

Bumping topics should only occur when it's on the second page. Because a lot of people don't go to the second page unless they're looking for a specific topic.

Bumping topics should only occur when it's on the second page. Because a lot of people don't go to the second page unless they're looking for a specific topic. when the post that bumped it actually has a use.
Fixed, some bumps actually serve a purpose, while some are as stupid as this example:
In a 24 page topic about cars, someone complains that someone on the 3rd page colored a word blue.
Some can be useful:
In a topic about a good add-on, a member posts a fix for the author to use.

i clicked on the link, read it, and laughed. HARD.

We're going to have a problem.
Im wondering if your talking about me....

Im wondering if your talking about me....

Oh gee I wonder who crossposted in a thread advertising his own thread hmmm hint hint ^^^^^

Oh gee I wonder who crossposted in a thread advertising his own thread hmmm hint hint ^^^^^
First,that wasn't an attempt to advertise,and second it's on the same section 4 posts down.So?No harm done,just a link given.