Author Topic: Obama, the attention war  (Read 2018 times)

People are having a frenzy over this Obama character.

I mean what's with this guy?

First of all, I'm an independent, and recently a Quaker. And I really do try to see both sides of the issue here.

Now I call it an attention war because, like it was last time, we have the two split media's, one conservative the other democrat, spouting negative or positive traits about the current administration. Last year it was the liberal media, this year the conservative media is having a ball.

Regardless, as if you can't tell already the country is completely ran on media. We form our opinions solely on media. No research, just media.

So here we have this guy Maximum, making a total ass of himself in my Star Trek topic, for as we later found because he was a total Fox News junkie. Well I figure, if he has a topic about Obama, why not me.

I'm retaliating. I'm going to get that little twerp to agree to some form of logic, even if it kills me. And hey, the last thread died, and quite frankly I like talking politics. And even if you're not American, feel free to join in. I myself don't have a political talk radio program, so this forum is the next best thing. Lets debate, are you republican? Democrat? Do you like or dislike the administration? What are your thoughts about the issues?

So bring it on Maximum, bring it on.

First of all, I'm an independent, and recently a Quaker. And I really do try to see both sides of the issue here.
Pennsylvania must be purged from the Union.

Tom

I would like to point out if you ask any Republican, they will say CNN is biased. If you ask a Democrat, they say Fox News is biased.

I would like to point out if you ask any Republican, they will say CNN is biased. If you ask a Democrat, they say Fox News is biased.

And they'd both be right.

I join this army. This kid is acting like he knows everything, yet he hasn't been able to back up a single of of his flames.
I wanna see this kid actually argue his point instead of acting like an ADHD child on 150mg a day, simply saying "I'm right, you're wrong."

And they'd both be right.
I think want Swholli is saying is that news has become newsertainment, and it's less like reporting facts and allowing to make people draw conclusions, and it's more like telling people what to think. Every news channel is biased in one way or another, but it is just to what degree.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:14:28 PM by Olinaj »

Tom

When it comes to politics, kids just say what there parents say until they understand what there talking about.

I join this army. This kid is acting like he knows everything, yet he hasn't been able to back up a single of of his flames.
I wanna see this kid actually argue his point instead of acting like an ADHD child on 150mg a day, simply saying "I'm right, you're wrong."

Only this isn't a recruiting for an army. But, thanks for supporting "the cause" ?

When it comes to politics, kids just say what there parents say until they understand what there talking about.

Which is what I think Maximum is. He's a parent's words kinda kid.

Exactly what I want this kid to not do. I want him to draw conclusions on his own, not listen to his parents/friends.

I really don't understand everyone's problem? You got rid of a complete idiot President then you get one that might actually do some thing decent and you're back to crying and bitching your ass's off? Can't you people settle down for a couple of years? The Prime Minister I have now isn't really that great but he's much better then our old one who was really just bringing thousands of people into the stuffs.

As far as I'm concerned the media is a load of stuff, you'll never know the truth so there's no point bickering over it. Although the Australian media is more trust worthy then Fox or CNN.

Well i would say hither and yither about Obama, but i honestly have not been paying too much attention to the Media nowadays, i just ignore it all and look up things based on how interested I am in it/necessity of knowing it.

But I must admit the whole "AGH TERRORIST" thing at New York made me chuckle a bit.

Obama is the worst thing to happen to america.

I left that thread to the trolls, and looks like it's still as I left it.

lol ok captain

lmao

How did I miss that post.