Author Topic: Cadaver  (Read 1424 times)

After my failed attempt at Doorman (though I still really like the cover, may finish it):

I had come up with some other ideas for super heroes and what not, but was to no avail. It had original drawn some concept art for a character:

But never got around to developing anything for him. Well ho ho.

Almost a year later, about a few days ago, I came to the Worm with an idea for a character in a comic book series. I hadn't came up with a name yet, but I had a full working story (or at least, a semi-full working). It went something like this:

A man is killed in a motorcycle accident after hitting a truck owned by the Mayor's research facility (the mayor also doubles as a scientist, so bare with me). The mayor had recently replaced the police force's usual uniforms with a highly advanced super suit which gave them incredible speed and power. The only problem was, they were still vulnerable and the suit itself was very heavy so they couldn't run very well in it.

Now, seeing as the mayor doesn't want to report an accident (he's a very corrupt guy) he instead issues the dead body into his new super solider program. It's a program designed to create the perfect cop. Using a high powered steroid through a surgically implanted injector, located in his spinal cord, the man is brought back to life and is constantly being pumped adrenaline into his system, giving him superhuman abilities.

He's been designed a jet black suit similar to those worn by the police, except thinner, and more agile. The suit was titled "Super Suit Project: X" hence the red X on his chest. He's trained in martial arts and gun fight. Not to mention swordplay, as he has two concentrated plasma beams mounted on each fist.

However, soon realizing that the mayor is corrupt and wants to turn every person he finds in the morgue, or not, into these super human monsters (as he later realizes what exactly it is he's become), he escapes and vows to stop the mayor and his twisted ways, as well as clean up his beloved city of crime. He may not do it the legal way, but he gets the job done.

After escaping the mayor's prison, he sees how he needs a name. So calling on a favorite story as a child, the mighty knight (fictional of coarse) known as "The Knight Cadaver" who used a skull as his symbol. As well as embracing the hard truth that he died, and all of his family has forgotten about him and moved on, he too takes the skull as his face, dawns a cape, and christens himself: Cadaver.

(Which means corpse, by the way)

Now he sets out on a quest to stop the mayor, organized crime, petty thugs, street gangs, and eventually super villains, in this twisted, dark, militarized version of New York.

I do apologize for the crudeness of this cover, but it was my first attempt at colorizing a scanned image in photoshop:

As you can see the character's design has changed a little.

So now lastly, I ask: is this something you'd read? Because if it is, The Worm and I may consider producing these. I've always been obsessed with comics and drawing, so to me this would be a lot of fun. Let me know what you think, feel free to be as brutally honest as you want.

Not to totally not read past the second picture, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw Cadaver was...

This. D:

Not to totally not read past the second picture, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw Cadaver was...

This. D:

I did actually base the idea off of him. But his character was strictly to the Teen Titans cartoon, and they never did anything with him. I mean, the design can easily change if people feel I'm coping too much, it's just, not many people even remember Red X, so. You know. :D

Double Toast:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Red_X_(Earth-Teen_Titans)

I mean, he doesn't even have a history. Lol.

Besides, right now I'm more concerned about the story plot. The art work can easily change, if you haven't noticed, that cover looks bad. I need to get a tablet.

Give him a pet parrot :o

Double Toast:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Red_X_(Earth-Teen_Titans)

I mean, he doesn't even have a history. Lol.

Besides, right now I'm more concerned about the story plot. The art work can easily change, if you haven't noticed, that cover looks bad. I need to get a tablet.

Wow.

Well, it looks good then.

Get a tablet, it's worth it. :D

Bump for constructive criticism?

No one's sayin anything D:

I think I'd like it better as a comical villain. The kind that wants to ruin the world, but always gets forgeted up due to their stupidity.

When I was a stupid little kid I made up a hero that looked just like Cadaver except there was more green and green where the red was. This sounds really stupid now that I think of it but, his name was Hazard XD

Edit: This was before Teen Titans was even in existence.

He looks too villan-y. He should go about his business the wrong way; as in he is like a good supervillan. Kinda like batman except more evil.

I did actually base the idea off of him. But his character was strictly to the Teen Titans cartoon, and they never did anything with him. I mean, the design can easily change if people feel I'm coping too much, it's just, not many people even remember Red X, so. You know. :D

I loved that show...
Maybe....your character....is his daddy?

He looks too villan-y. He should go about his business the wrong way; as in he is like a good supervillan. Kinda like batman except more evil.

Yeah that'd be his character. He's an anti-hero, like Batman. Except more evil. lol