Author Topic: Fatal PNG error  (Read 527 times)

This is getting maddening.
On my friends servers, about 3/4 of the way through the datablocks loading section, a window pops up and says:
"Fatal ISV: Error reading PNG file. IDAT CRC error"
The game freezes and I have to use one of the Windows keys that open the start menu to get out of BL. I check the console.log file and it says this:
"Fatal-ISV: (\dev\Blockland\trunk\engine\dgl\bitmapPng.cc @ 80) Error reading PNG file:
 IDAT: CRC error"
Heres the thing though. It happens only on 2 servers, Rykuta's and Spock's. I have everything Spock has, and it STILL crashes.
NOTE:Anything negative about me, Spock, or Rykuta will be Ignored.

Badspot

• Administrator
I believe this is caused by a corrupt png file.  Obviously the handling on this should be better as a corrupt image file should not crash the game.

I can't really make changes without being able to duplicate the problem though.  Any chance you could go through your add-ons and figure out which one is causing this problem and send it to me?

I went through my addons about 2-3 weeks ago and got some new ones to try and fix the problem. Heres the newest addons that I have.
Autoroad Brick, Windows Brick, IfItemInSlot Event, OnItemPickup Event, Remove Item Event, SetDamageFlash Event, Setitem Event, Setnamecolor Event, Agile Player, Water Brick Events, SetScore Event, SetZombieTarget Event, Vehicle Respawn Script, Trust levels Script, Admin Controls Script, Zone Bricks, 2x Cube Bricks, SetPlayerTransform Event, RC Tool, Old School Rifle Weapon, GSF Mikes House Map, GSF Bad Dream Map, GSF NYC Map, 1x1 Mailbox, 1x1 RAD, and 1x1 Eyespecies Prints, ConstructColors Maps, and then all the updates for v12.
It doesn't crash, the window pops up and the game freezes, and the only way to get out of it is to press the windows key.

Sorry for the Double post and late revival of this topic.
I tried disabling all my addons, and that didn't work. I just tried a server, and it crashed on Demogun's Cyan.png. I have know idea what is causing this problem.

try removing the Demo Gun and if your still crashing re-install

I don't have the demogun, I tried reinstalling, and the only option from here is to get rid of all my addons. The only purpose they serve is to help me skip the long loads. I can't host because my router is not able to forward the ports. :panda: