Apple Boot Camp

Author Topic: Apple Boot Camp  (Read 1639 times)

Hokay, so, I'm getting a MacBook in a few months (Mac haters gtfo.) . And I found out that there is an interesting program that somes preloaded to all Apple computers. It is called boot camp. This means that it allows you to run Windows on your mac to run all of your non-mac friendly programs such as steam, Left 4 Dead, and all of the first person shooters that you can't run on a mac.

Only one problem.

You need your own copy of windows vista or XP to run it, or you can use a reboot disk from your PC instead. Other than that, Mac is becoming more and more PC user-friendly!

http://www.apple.com/ca/macosx/what-is-macosx/compatibility.html

Post your opinion, review etc. In other words, ducecuse.

HUNTER'S EDIT: You guys loving flame him, and I'll eat your faces off. And all of your pets.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:15:48 PM by ImTheArcher »

OS war ICBM launch detected.
impact in...

I personally use parallels, it's 50 bucks and you still need a copy of Windows XP/Vista and it runs smoother, and no restarting :) Works like an application, could be used full screen or just in a simple window.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:35:22 PM by Syntho »

Tom

I use BootCamp, it runs great, but restarting can be annoying.

Archer i was cracking up when i saw your avatar XD

You need your own copy of windows vista or XP to run it, or you can use a reboot disk from your PC instead. Other than that, Mac is becoming more and more PC user-friendly!

Wow you are a bit late to the party.

-snip-

old news is old. Boot camp came out almost two years ago.

I use bootcamp. I don't even bother with Mac OS anymore.
It runs better than any other PC program solutions for mac, because it's not an emulator.