Author Topic: Does Animation Come With Scripting?  (Read 1494 times)

I may have already posted this topic but I don't see it on the forums so I will start again. I am coming out with my first add-on hopefully soon. It is going to be called the RLOM, Rocket Launcher Of Mediocrity. It is my first add-on, so it will be average. Anyway, i am going to copy the scripting of the Rocket Launcher and change a few things (hopefully Badspot doesn't mind) and I was wondering wether or not the animations will come with the scripting.
Any help will be appreciated.

Here is a screenshot of RLOM

Ther creation of the animation is with the modeling programing. Saying when the animation is played is via scripting.

Sketchup doesn't do animation. I use blender, but that is difficult to start, it has a major learning curve.

OK Digmaster, I know how to convert it to dts, so in a way, you are wrong. Don't intend to be mean. Im just wondering about the question up there. Maybe you are right, I really dont know. YEAH IM A NOOB EVERYBODY, WHEN IT COMES TO ADD-ONS, BUT YOU WERE A NOOB AT ONE POINT ALSO, SO IF YOU CALL ME A NOOB YOU CAN SUCK MY BALLS! I hope none of you do, because i think for the most part, most of you guys are nice

BTW, i meant calling me a noob, not sucking my balls. Just to clarify.

Ther creation of the animation is with the modeling programing. Saying when the animation is played is via scripting.

Digmaster is right - It's done in the modelling program, sketchup can't animate so it doesnt matter even if you can export.

Kicking and screaming isn't going to change it.

well duh kicking and screaming isnt going to change it, but that leaves me with 2 questions. Isn't Blender and Milkshape modeling programs as well? But they can export. Still, I can export. Second, no one has actually answered my topic question, so if they could, that would be nice

well duh kicking and screaming isnt going to change it, but that leaves me with 2 questions. Isn't Blender and Milkshape modeling programs as well? But they can export. Still, I can export. Second, no one has actually answered my topic question, so if they could, that would be nice
what they said===translating==== no, you will need to anemate your model in blender or milkshape , the scripting just tells the animation(/s) to play

OK Digmaster, I know how to convert it to dts, so in a way, you are wrong. Don't intend to be mean. Im just wondering about the question up there. Maybe you are right, I really dont know. YEAH IM A NOOB EVERYBODY, WHEN IT COMES TO ADD-ONS, BUT YOU WERE A NOOB AT ONE POINT ALSO, SO IF YOU CALL ME A NOOB YOU CAN SUCK MY BALLS! I hope none of you do, because i think for the most part, most of you guys are nice
What did Digmaster say that was so cruel.

Also animation is done in programs by little things called keys, poses and the action editor.
Basicly, keys create poses (Which also can be animation by themselves.) and poses are put togeter in the action editor to create long series of events.

holy stuff man what did I do?

I was mearly telling you animation is done in a modeling program; sadly sketchup doesn't contain an animation feature, thus you must use one that does, like Blender or Milkshape. God man, Im only trying to help and you fraking flame me! Is this the thanks I get for trying to help you?

holy stuff man what did I do?

I was mearly telling you animation is done in a modeling program; sadly sketchup doesn't contain an animation feature, thus you must use one that does, like Blender or Milkshape. God man, Im only trying to help and you fraking flame me! Is this the thanks I get for trying to help you?

i dont think he wants to believe the fact that sketch-up cant do animations, but that will get him no-where, because he will soon learn that you werent lying. i think he thinks that exporting to dts does the animations.

I think he just thought I was like insulting his intelegence by saying blender has a huge learning cure. WHich it does. Everything is keyboard shortcuts that you have to learn from online.

yeah, i use blender and it took me ages to figure out half of the key shortcuts. but once thats done, its pretteh good.

ok, guys he's my friend, so, here is the deal. first will(or if you like it willhideho)isn't super experienced with computers and probably misunderstud what you said and so was insulted, also he doesn't completely know how he is exporting it(I'm doing it for him), so in fact that we can still animate our models if we feel.(sorry about the run on sentence)(the long process to export the models will actually put them in blender.)

No digmaster I wasnt insultying YOU. I was just telling anyone else who posts on the forums not to call me a noob becuz that doesnt help. Sorry for the misunderstanding

The animation for the model are activated in the image section of the script. Also, you animate it in Blender or Milkshape. They can both export to dts.