Author Topic: THE END OF THE WORLD  (Read 11264 times)

Given an infinite amount of time any prediction can come true. We also can say that it is in fact 2093 right now because of our definition of time. We can interpret time differently then others and still be correct. It is just a matter of translating that knowledge to others. Stating a year can not help anything taking that into this. I would not take any predictions from anything seriously until it is specific to every aspect it predicts.
Yeah, the Chinese or Hebrew calender is like year 5 thousand something right now. I can't find out which one it is because Google is being a dink and wants me to watch movies instead. But yeah, time is certainly relative to whom you speak to.
Because the universe isn't revolving around anything particular, it does not have years.
You could say we are revolving around the central point of the Big Bang, but that is a very loose orbit.
About 30,000 light years from galactic central point and we orbit as a galaxy every 200 million years or so. I think that was what the nifty galaxy song says. No clue how accurate it is, but seems like they did research on it. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 11:59:34 AM by Rughugger »

The Mayan calendar just ended at 2012, there was no prediction about the end of the world. It is just like an odometer rolling over, there is only so far it can go.

HOWEVER. The Earth VERY slowly changes it's tilt (currently at 23.5 degrees) and it just so happens that it reaches it's max tilt(24 degrees) the year is 2012.

Therefore, I can lean both ways.

its in the bible so it WILL happen AHHHHH!H!H!H!H!HH!H!
dude,the stories of that apocalypse were written in the time of the goddamn MAYA!

THEY ARE THOUSANDS OF YEARS OLD

Though I do Believe it :)

Guys, the world will end on June 19th 2009. We're doomed.

Guys, the world will end on June 19th 2009. We're doomed.

That was yesterday.

That was yesterday.
Holy stuff I've been proven wrong!

Guys, the world will end on June 20th 2009.
See what I'm getting at?

The world already ended.

this is all lies, noone can predict judgement day
for once i agree with him.

for once i agree with him.
Give me a nuke and I'd predict when the world would end. When someone got me cranky.