Poll

Which do you normally prefer to build, and which are you better at building?

Interiors (Prefer to Build)
Exteriors (Prefer to Build)
Interiors (Better at)
Exteriors (Better at)

Author Topic: Interiors vs Exteriors  (Read 1249 times)

I was thinking before how I love making interiors, and how exteriors are really a bore for me to make, but my exteriors are usually better than the interiors.
So I made this poll to see others' opinions on this.  The reason you can pick two choices is because I want to see what people think they're better at making and what they prefer to make, so vote accordingly.

I like to make Exteriors, and I am most defintely better at building Exterior, to Interior. If I'm building an Exterior, i can get into the pattern of building with all the ramps. Twist's and turns gallore. And then I also like painting the exteriors, i can allways get a good colouring going on, whether it's grey-scale, or a Brick-Work colouring.

However, as soon as I've finished my building, I have to build interiors. Interiors just don't work for me. I'm never any good at colouring Interiors. They often end up either clashing with the walls colours, or they blend in, and looks horrible. I allways have trouble getting things the right size for my characters. (As odd as it sounds, I allways screw up basic beds. They almost allways end up too high or too small) I've also tried adding decorations onto shelves. Books, easy. Bottles, easy. Jars, easy. Anything else...No idea where to start.

tl;dr I like to Exteriors, and building them. Don't like Interiors and building them.

I'd say I'm a jack of all trades.

I've been told my terrains come out to look quite natural

Im very good at interiors

I think I'm better at interiors. Considering the fact that I don't really build, I'm not really sure.

What I like to do is build an interior first, and then encapsulate it with an exterior. It's the way I build most of my spaceships, and even the way I model vehicles.

So basically, jack of all trades.

My interiors always come out crap and I don't enjoy building them, hell I can't even get stairs right most of the time.

Interiors.  I can imagine an exterior but it never comes out right.

I was thinking before how I love making interiors, and how exteriors are really a bore for me to make, but my exteriors are usually better than the interiors.
So I made this poll to see others' opinions on this.  The reason you can pick two choices is because I want to see what people think they're better at making and what they prefer to make, so vote accordingly.

I'm the other wai around.
Mi inter's are better alot but I like exteriors. And I'm great at those too.

I usually enjoy making interiors because it's less involved than an exterior.

Exactly the same for me :P
Edit: Actually, I enjoy making exteriors, and I'm better at them, but interiors is somehow more satisfying for me to make (but only when it manages to come out decent-looking)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 04:21:36 AM by xC3110x »

Sometimes it's hard to implement your ideas for the interior of a build because you can only add so much detail before running out of space, so I think I prefer working on the exterior of things.

Sometimes it's hard to implement your ideas for the interior of a build because you can only add so much detail before running out of space, so I think I prefer working on the exterior of things.
But the same can be applied to exteriors, if you have a certain size goal.

Ace

I'm good at both, but I enjoy making exterior more.

It's fun to create massive, complex looking buildings. Unfortunately, I can never fill them when the exterior is done.