Author Topic: Yahoo Bullstuff  (Read 1914 times)

So I have received two E-mails. One of them is set up with Yahoo, the other with Hotmail. Today I went to log on and check my E-mail with Yahoo. Then to my surprise it says wrong password or Invalid ID, so I send in a query for the option of "My password doesn't work". Later I get an E-mail on my Hotmail, the E-mail said that my account won't be "Reinstated", so I E-mail it back saying "What, why was I not notified of any violation". Later today I received a second E-mail saying "We are sorry, we can not "Release" that information to the public, inless provoked by the state of law". What the forget is this bullstuff?

Note that my E-mails where linked with the password recovery option.

Tl;Dr Yahoo is full of bullstuff.

First E-Mail:
Code: [Select]
Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Customer Care.

We appreciate your inquiry about your suspension from Yahoo! Answers
and/or the deactivation of your Yahoo! ID. We reviewed your case, and
decided that your account is not eligible for reinstatement.

Once an account is disabled for a violation of the Terms of Service, the
subscriber to the account will lose the ability to log in and access the
account and its contents (including email and content stored with any
other Yahoo! service). The account also will not be reactivated.

Second E-Mail:
Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Customer Care.

We appreciate your inquiry. Yahoo! may, in appropriate circumstances and
in its sole discretion, remove or edit any content and/or terminate the
accounts of users who appear to have violated the Terms and Conditions.

Any action taken is confidential. We will not release this information
unless required to do so by law or under other similar circumstances. We
are unable to make exceptions to this rule.

Tl;Dr Yahoo is full of bullstuff.

Indeed. Google and G-Mail are better.

Funny, one of my Gmails was recently frozen for no apparent reason.  I chose not to inquire why since I didn't really care.

Yahoo isn't that bad. I prefer it over a lot of others; but in that situation. You have to say, WTF Yahoo?

Yahoo wins! flawless victory.

Just get a new one that isn't Yahoo.
I never liked yahoo, anyway.  Especially the Answers community, they're all a bunch of morons trying to sound intelligent, save for a few who actually are.

Just get a new one that isn't Yahoo.
I never liked yahoo, anyway.  Especially the Answers community, they're all a bunch of morons trying to sound intelligent, save for a few who actually are.

He's got us there. Yahoo should let people ask questions and Yahoo answer them with professionals quietly. But that would be too expensive. They have enough money to travel to hire over 100 news reporters though.

Dear one of many millions of users.

Thanks a lot for bothering us with your email, dumbass.

This response is just a waste of our time, so I don't know why I bother. Whenever we feel like it, we can disable your account via a process your tiny mind could not begin to understand. Please note that this usually isn't because you violate our Terms of Service, it's not like we actually think you read them.

Once we decide to disable your account, we won't reactivate it. This happens for two reasons, the first is that we don't want anyone to sue us because we are using you for our own amusement. The second is because we can't take the time to explain the complex reasoning behind why we decided to deactivate your account.

Please note that this is a computerized email sent to the hundreds of others we tormented.

You are very welcome
~Yahoo

Hmm..
This is like the needless crap I got on Skype today:

Quote from: Skype Message
WINDOWS REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION
=============================

ATTENTION ! Security Center has detected
malware on your computer !

Affected Software:

Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows Server 2003

Impact of Vulnerability: Remote Code Execution / Virus Infection /
Unexpected shutdowns

Recommendation: Users running vulnerable version should install a repair
utility immediately

Your system IS affected, download the patch from the address below !
Failure to do so may result in severe computer malfunction.

http://www.repairscan.net/

For the link to become active, please click on 'Add to contacts' skype button
or type it in manually into your web browser !

I'm not even on a Windows. Mac. What the hell.

Dear one of many millions of users.

Thanks a lot for bothering us with your email, dumbass.

This response is just a waste of our time, so I don't know why I bother. Whenever we feel like it, we can disable your account via a process your tiny mind could not begin to understand. Please note that this usually isn't because you violate our Terms of Service, it's not like we actually think you read them.

Once we decide to disable your account, we won't reactivate it. This happens for two reasons, the first is that we don't want anyone to sue us because we are using you for our own amusement. The second is because we can't take the time to explain the complex reasoning behind why we decided to deactivate your account.

Please note that this is a computerized email sent to the hundreds of others we tormented.

You are very welcome
~Yahoo
???

Hmm..
This is like the needless crap I got on Skype today:

I'm not even on a Windows. Mac. What the hell.

I GOT THE SAME loving THING.
What is up with that, its not from the Windows Company. Its probably a virus ^_^.

I GOT THE SAME loving THING.
What is up with that, its not from the Windows Company. Its probably a virus ^_^.
Yup. Thats what I thought. About what time did you get it? (Please include timezone >.>)

I got it 3 Times. A Year Ago, 2 Months ago and today at 2:00 PM Eastern Time.

Well, I lost all of my contacts and current conversations.

I got it 3 Times. A Year Ago, 2 Months ago and today at 2:00 PM Eastern Time.
2:26 EST here.