Author Topic: Why does this not surprise me?  (Read 1992 times)

Ace

So I finally got my main computer reformatted with Windows Vista on it. Surprise surprise, nothing loving works. Period. I try to use anything, and it gives me the "this has stopped working" bullstuff and tries to "find a solution" for it, even though it never does. I had assumed that completely wiping both hard drives on the thing and putting a fresh install of Windows on it would eliminate any problems that the computer had before. I was horribly wrong. What's even worse, when I try to use Internet Explorer on it to find solutions for the problems myself:
Internet Explorer 7 has stopped working.
Here, let's pretend to find a solution for you.
I can't even use IE7 to get a different browser to use, because Internet Explorer sucks ass, and it won't even hold itself up for me to get to the website for Firefox. So now I'm sitting here on my piece of stuff laptop that can't run anything but Firefox (and OpenTTD, although that has kept me pretty occupied) after having wiped my computer of all my data, only to find out that it hasn't decided to work even after I did so. God loving dammit I hate computers and their bullstuff. I would very much like to thrust a harpoon through mine.

tl;dr: My computer is a pile of bullstuff wrapped in a rich, thick coating of bullstuff.

/raaaaaaage

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:08:13 AM by XaMMaX211 »

Ace

I don't see any reason for you to have done that.

It's what you're probably feeling

clearly
Just call Windows support and when you get the guy on the phone after an hour, you'll be pissed about phoning in circles instead of your windows problems.  This way, when you talk to him, you can bitch him out until you remember that your pc is forgeted up.  Then you can proceed to bitch at him about that like it's his fault.  In the end, you'll get no where, but that's farther than you got reinstalling.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:12:45 AM by Lord Pie »

Try the Windows 7 Beta and try again?

Try the Windows 7 Beta and try again?
or the RC

it will work until july 2010

or the RC

it will work until july 2010
RC, beta, same thing.

RC, beta, same thing.
Ah. Atleast I have Retail so mine won't go WTF in July 2010 :D

Ah. Atleast I have Retail so mine won't go WTF in July 2010 :D
What?

there is no retail windows 7 yet smartass.

You guys realize that windows 7 is just a placebo.

there is no retail windows 7 yet smartass.
Who are you saying that to?