The Beggining of an End?

Author Topic: The Beggining of an End?  (Read 8488 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
However Badspot, i have only played this game since V26 right before all the noobs started swarming in, I dont want more people to play i want it to be just a select group of people who I am not going to take the time to name. 
       I started becoming good and started to get good and have more friends when all the noobs started flowing in and it was more fun before all that happened.  Now  although it is still a fun game is slowly dying, and becoming less fun.
       All this post is saying Badspot is that there is alot of stuff that has gone wrong all at once,the charcter reset and all the noobs at once and all the people that were more fun to be around have left (I realize you have no control over that) and it has really destroyed what this game used to be, a small, fun community of friends.

Thats even more ridiculous. 

It's funny how people say they have been playing since v15-17 yet they have only been registered on the forums for a month or two, about the same time I started seeing them ingame. And also they all seem to have a obsession with calling people 'noobs'. I get called this constantly in game by Emopred since he and Tokyo mew always fireball spam me. Yet they have been playing for a short time and yet I have played since V2 or V3 (but I jumped from V3 to v13 or v14)

I remember V2. :D Hosting server <3. V3 aswell.

I remember V2. :D Hosting server <3. V3 aswell.

Mmm, yes, good times.

ahhh v2, waiting hours for it to light was the best part of the game.

Is this Monologue Hour™ or something?

Wow...I just realised how long its been since the earlier versions, I started in like v1 or v3 and have more or less played a bit since then. First of all I'd like to clear some things up about some of the early versions:

• We used to have a labyrinth that had about 2.5k and some clothes
  • D2 used to give 5k, and the tunnels used to give 200gp, although for I while there I think it was 2k
  • The Treehouse had a crossbow for 4k
  • Damage used to be taken in port from spells and things as well as being able to use them in town
  • Crates are relatively new, as well as horses and the cop station
  • There used to be stats in which you could run really fast and crap like that, and only very recently (like v17 or 16 I think) have monsters randomly spawned everywhere
  • Sharks were replacement models for seamonsters, I got killed by a few but they eventually crashed the server and were taken out, quickly.
  • People used to start with some money, I believe it was 2.5k
  • The forest(or woods) used to be in the general area that Fort bad is; Fort bad is relatively new
  • There used to be no log challenge/gold hook
  • Dynamite orcs, fire orcs, rocket orcs, bunnys, and whatever that is not a normal orc came into being later, we only had normal orcs in the earlier versions
  • The swamp, auric fields, red crater, blue hill, volcano, beach house, Distant forest, and Starboard town are all relatively new
  • Canoes used to be around port, I believe badspot spawned them when he wanted to, they acted much like the horse except for the fact that they went faster in water and couldn't go on land (of course)
  • Only recently has badspot replaced the interiors of places with teleports to them
  • The Banker, Marshal, Sword giver, Blacksmith, and D2 NPC's are relatively new (as many of you may know)
  • AoT used to have a different intro screen and font; we didn't always have the player location list

That's all I can think of right now but anyways, we've gotten more new people and they're wrecking the game yadayadayada we hate them they suck (Ok not really but we are getting plenty of people new to the game, welcome). I believe my brief history of changes is more or less complete...[woopty]

Edit: I believe many of the models/textures for the other monsters were in the earlier versions, however they would have to be spawned and in the early versions it was pretty much badspot or the dungeon that would spawn them.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 02:49:39 PM by Mike951 »

• Dynamite orcs, fire orcs, rocket orcs, bunnys, and whatever that is not a normal orc came into being later, we only had normal orcs in the earlier versions
There was also blueguy and npcfemale, though I think you had to manually spawn them in V3

dani california

Npc females are pretty funny hen you spawn like 50 in 1 area, and then try to survive.

I hope you guys realize someday what huge pandaing dorks you are for complaining that there aren't enough people playing while at the same time complaining that there too many "noobs". 

Of course the game isn't as fun now as it used to be.  The game is old to you now.  You seem surprised that a game prototype made by one person in their spare time isn't enough to keep you entertained for the rest of your lives. 

This thread is a perfect example of why I don't allow drama posts.  All this "boo-hoo I'm cutting my self because this game isn't fun anymore and all my friends are leaving and I don't want to play with new people" crap.  Stow it.

i agree with a lot of that but the new player gene pool has been a little "noobish"  :cookieMonster:

dani california

However Badspot, i have only played this game since V26 right before all the noobs started swarming in, I dont want more people to play i want it to be just a select group of people who I am not going to take the time to name. 
       I started becoming good and started to get good and have more friends when all the noobs started flowing in and it was more fun before all that happened.  Now  although it is still a fun game is slowly dying, and becoming less fun.
       All this post is saying Badspot is that there is alot of stuff that has gone wrong all at once,the charcter reset and all the noobs at once and all the people that were more fun to be around have left (I realize you have no control over that) and it has really destroyed what this game used to be, a small, fun community of friends.

Thats even more ridiculous. 

How so?

If there is any game that is a small community of friends and you have fun all the time, no one really hates  each other it is all just for fun. Then one day someone comes in and says "I set my charcter to male whay aren't i male?". And we answer his question.  The same day the person ask "where do I get grapple" and "why do i need to learn how to type".  and we tell him these things.  But then He tells his friend about this game.  His friend need not ask any questions because he can rely on his friend who already knows the answers.
       But then his friend tells 3 people, and within 3 days the tell people and at the same time all the "blocklanders" are seeing the link to age of time.  so now there is like 10 noobies coming in withi a week.
       and they all ask the same questions. I set my charcter to male whay aren't i male?", "where do I get grapple", and "why do i need to learn how to type".  and this gets a little annoying.  So we start to cuss out the noobies.  and kill them on sight.  And they get mad.  so that started the trend off the noobs going around and killing random people, and that is annoying.  so we try to kill them and maybe jack their account so maybe they will quit.  som do, most do not.  so now we are stuck with about 20 people coming on a week asking tghe same damn questions over and over.

That is why this post i here
(i was gonna add more but i thought this was enough, if you want me to add on i will.)

dani california

At least some one does. =/

Badspot

• Administrator
You seem to think that the world was created just for you on the day you were born.  You were asking those same stupid questions just a few weeks ago and now you think you're so superior to those people?  Do you think the world should stop just because you've arrived and you don't want anyone else to join in? 

Every game has people like you I guess.  The "indie rockers" who only like things when no one else knows about them.  There's also the luddites who never want anything to change and whenever a new patch comes out they always bitch about how much better things used to be.  You seem to be both. 

The attitudes parallel puberty, really.  Now I understand why adults bitch about teenagers so much.