Author Topic: Helicopter verticle takeoff help  (Read 1535 times)

Is there a way to code a helicopter to lift vertically while holding the space bar? If so, what would the code be? Thanks in advance.

Find a copy of the old box truck.

well my day is going to a sunset you might need to release it tuesday but keep trying to find out the coding

i wonder why it cant the code be something like: on space hit, sea copter then use velocity to go up, i'm just guessing though i don't have the program.

Well I know I have to use armor:onTrigger, but I don't know how to increase lift or vertical velocity, just how to change models. Maybe I could fire a projectile like the gravity gun?

Well I know I have to use armor:onTrigger, but I don't know how to increase lift or vertical velocity, just how to change models. Maybe I could fire a projectile like the gravity gun?
ok i'm fine with that

But, I don't know how to code that. I might have to just release it and then update it.

If we knew we'd have helicopters by now :(

vehicle.addVeloctiy(PointF3 Scale);

Ex: vehicleObject.addVelocity("0 0 10");

vehicle.addVeloctiy(PointF3 Scale);

Ex: vehicleObject.addVelocity("0 0 10");

good point

good point
Stop posting. You are doing nothing to help amd you are not even making sense. Ino I r hypocrite rite?

Would it be something like:
Code: [Select]
function gsfseacopterVehicleData::OnTrigger(%this, %obj, %triggerNum, %val)
{
   if(%val)
      if(%triggerNum == 2)
 gsfseacopterVehicle.addVelocity("0 0 10");
}

Would it be something like:
function gsfseacopterVehicleData::OnTrigger(%this, %obj, %triggerNum, %val)
{
   if(%val)
      if(%triggerNum == 2)
 gsfseacopterVehicle.addVelocity("0 0 10");
}

I believe it would be something more like the following, I'm not sure though. I've never messed around with OnTrigger, so most likely it isn't right. Also, I can't check right now because I don't have Blockland on this computer. Hope it helps.

function GSFSeaCopterVehicleData::OnTrigger(%this, %obj, %triggerNum, %val)
{
if(%val)
{
if(%triggerNum == 2)
{
%obj.addVelocity("0 0 10");
echo("Rofl copter goes SwooshSwooshSwoosh!");
}
}
}

Thanks for helping Kunit, but yeah it still doesn't seem to be working.