Author Topic: Any tips to reduce lag in TF2?  (Read 6524 times)

Well i recently got my computer fixed and now it lags horribly in TF2 and before it didint lag so any tips on how to reduce the lag and dont say get a new computer this one is new. and i already know about -dxlevel 80 +mat_antialias 0

refresh connection.
but you cant do that in-game

I guess you could just try turning down some of the settings. See if that improves it, although you will obviously have to forfiet quality for it.

I guess you could just try turning down some of the settings. See if that improves it, although you will obviously have to forfiet quality for it.

yea i tried that but i still lag D: before my computer was broken i could run TF2 on full graphics now i cant

sorry for double toast but before i had DX8 now i have DX9 does that make a difference?

Yes, Dx 8.0 is a lot less laggier then 9. In most cases, it can double your FPS.

that should make it better. check your router plugs if you have a router. or maybe.... well give us information, how is your computer new? new processor? new video card? etc.

I updated my video card and its a Nvidia but im going to download DX8

EDIT: what about DX10 will it make me lag more or less?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:19:52 AM by Zenith »

The higher dx is the laggier it will get. If you have XP Dx 10 is not an option. It is for vista and above.

use tf2tweaker to change hidden settings not shown ingame

Try lower resolutions.

O DX8 did the job but i still lag a bit Thanks

BTW im not locking just in case

esskoos me, but how do i check what graphics card i have?

go to run and type dxdiag