Author Topic: virus diusguised as a anti virus  (Read 1542 times)

has anyone gotten that popup disguised as your pc telling you to install this antivirus program buts its the virus itself has anyone gotten the piece of stuff before?

has anyone gotten that popup disguised as your pc telling you to install this antivirus program buts its the virus itself has anyone gotten the piece of stuff before?
yes
LOL look at date

An old friend of mine did say that he had a program called SuperAntiSpyware that did kill it, I haven't tried it myself, but it's worth a shot. I would recommend running scans in safe mode (mashing F9 when starting your computer) so that the viruses are prevented from starting and preventing the fake programs block scans from legit antivirus programs.

Edit: Oh and if Shad0wyone posts here, only follow his advice if you suck with computers.

Yes, one night, my computer kept asking to shut down. I got off and it shut down, next morning my sister got on, and the background was changed into saying some stuff like "OMG YOU ARE INFECTED TAKE ME TO A SHOP" or something, and there was a taskbar icon that kept popping up saying it was infected... whenever it started up, the antivirus program came up and scanned saying you had like a million viruses. It locked up the computer so you couldn't do anything.

Yes, one night, my computer kept asking to shut down. I got off and it shut down, next morning my sister got on, and the background was changed into saying some stuff like "OMG YOU ARE INFECTED TAKE ME TO A SHOP" or something, and there was a taskbar icon that kept popping up saying it was infected... whenever it started up, the antivirus program came up and scanned saying you had like a million viruses. It locked up the computer so you couldn't do anything.
Ouch.

Which is why I have Spybot and Task Manager :3

Task Manager fixes lots of stuff.
End Process Tree.

Now, I have Spybot, AVG, and Advanced WindowsCare V2.

They run automatically at night. :3

What spy bot do? Is firewall, anti virus? Or a program that sends bots into computers to spy on peoples research files?

What spy bot do? Is firewall, anti virus? Or a program that sends bots into computers to spy on peoples research files?
Removes spyware.

"This thread is unneeded"
       Said a lone saxophone.

I got this thing too not that long ago.
My dad totally reinstalled the computer.

Now I have McAffee(spelling?). Because we gots Comcast, it's free too!

this is old
old old is old

this is old
old old is old

____ is old is old.

So your old old is old is old.