Author Topic: Official Airsoft discussion Megathread  (Read 208696 times)

AIRSOFT DISCUSSION

The topic is self explanatory - Discuse airsoft

STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT AIRSOFT

TIPS/ADVICE/ETC
What is airsoft?
Airsoft is an action sport in which players shoot each other with replica firearms. These guns use 6mm plastic BBs.

Where you should buy from:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/ [USA]
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/ [Hong Kong]

What do I need to play airsoft!?
To start playing airsoft, all you need is a gun, BBs, and a pair of full seal goggles.

Things you may want are:
Extra Magazines
Vest/Chest Rig/Belt Rig
Hydration Carrier/Method of carrying hydration (This is very important.)
Other Tactical gear and possibly more weapons.

What's the best type of gun to buy?
AEG is the way to go, gas can only be used seasonally and there aren't many gas rifles yet.
In terms of sidearms get GBB, AEPs work too but, they aren't as good.
Spring is a pretty bad choice in airsoft.
Overall, eletric is the best choice, gas isn't quite as reliable and spring is underpowered.

What are some good brands?
A few good brands are KWA, VFC, Classic Army, G&G, and G&P but, there are many other great brands. If you're on a budget clone manufactures such as Echo1, JG, KS, CYMA, and Dboys are also great options.

What type of vest should I get?
If you are on a budget, go for a chest rig or LBV, they're very inexpensive and will hold alot of your mags.
If you've got some cash to spare, a Tactical/Crossdraw vest is a great choice, they're not that expensive, can hold a bunch of mags and, have MOLLE on the back to hold hydration packs.
If you have plenty of money for airsofting, you should defiantly get a MOLLE plate carrier/vest, they're somewhat expensive but, they have an amazing amount amount of modularity to fit any loadout.

What's the best gun to get?
When choosing an airsoft gun, take into account, FPS, weight, sights, stock, and what type of mag the gun uses.
"Armalite" (M4/M16 family) guns and any other weapons that use Stanag mags are great because, they all use the same mags which are, cheap, widely available, and versatile.
Alot of players use "stanag weapons" which makes sharing mags easy, you can also find alot of MOLLE pouches/belts that are built for the mag style. Mp5 Mags are only made for Mp5s but, they fit into M4 mag pouches easily and Condor/OE Tech makes mag pouches for Mp5 mags.
UMP and P90 mags are tall, and somewhat harder to find, due to them being tall, they won't fit in most mag pouches besides ones built for them.
G36c mags are bulky but, they are able to clip together. They will most likely not fit into M4 mag pouches, they might fit into AK mag pouches.
AK mags are easily obtainable and so are pouches.
Overall, what gun you get is your choice and no one else can tell you what gun is best for you.

Good Websites
AirsoftGI
EhobbyAsia
AirsoftAtlanta
RedwolfAirsoft

Other websites
Evike
TrinityAirsoft
Hitguns

Unrecommended websites
Airsplat
PyramidAir
Kapowwe
AirRattle
Hobbytron

CAMO GUIDE

Uniform guide stolen from an airsoft forums I browse.

Also known as: Desert Combat Uniform, Coffee-stain, Three-color Desert
Used by: US Armed Forces, Chile, El Salvador, Hungary, Israel, Kuwait, Netherlands, UAE, Pakistan
Websites that sell it: BDU.com, scarmy.com

Also known as: Chocolate Chip camouflage pattern, Cookie Dough camouflage pattern, Six-Color Desert camouflage pattern
Used by:  China, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, South Korea, Spain, Pakistan, Yemen
Websites that sell it: scarmy.com, BDU.com

Also known as: Desert Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform Pattern
Used by:  US Marine Corps, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Cyprus, Dominica, Ecuador, Georgia, Greece
Websites that sell it: armysurplusworld.com, scarmy.com

Also known as: 'Rust and Sand' camouflage, British Desert camouflage, British Desert DPM
Used by: British Armed Forces, Iraq, Kuwait, New Zealand, Oman, Romania, Saudi Arabia
Websites that sell it: flecktarn.co.uk.com

Also known as: Army Combat Uniform Pattern, ACUPAT, ARPAT, Universal Camouflage System
Used by: US Army, Chile, Cyprus, Ivory Coast's FAFN
Websites that sell it: SCarmy.com, Bdu.com, Armysurplusworld.com

Also known as: Wüstenflecktarn, Wüstentarn, Desert Flecktarn
Used by: German Armed Forces, Albania, Austria, Belgium, Romania
Websites that sell it: Flecktarn.co.uk.com, Recon-company.com

Also known as: MC, Scorpion Camo
Used by:  US Special Forces, Chad, Jordan, Poland(Suez pattern), Taiwan
Websites that sell it:  Cryeprecision.com, Entrygear.com, SCarmy.com

Also known as: DTS
Used by: US Special Forces, British Special Forces, New Iraq Army
Websites that sell it: www.tigerstripeproducts.com

Also known as: M81 Woodland Pattern, BDU, Les
Used by: US Air Force, US Navy, US Coast Guard, US Public Health Service, State Defense Forces, LAPD SWAT, other US law enforcement agencies, Afghanistan, Albania, Argentina, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Bosnia, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Ecuador, Estonia, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Honduras, Iran, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Jordan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands (RNLMC), Nicaragua, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Russia, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sudan, Syria, Thailand, Turkey, Venezuela
Websites that sell it: BDU.com, scarmy.com, armysuplusworld.com

Also known as: British Woodland, Disruptive Pattern Material, Smog
Used by: Algeria, Cambodia, China(Special Forces), Egypt, Hong Kong Police, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mozambique, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway (Special Forces), Pakistan, The Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Sierra Leone, Singapore Police, Tanzania, Uganda
Websites that sell it: flecktarn.co.uk.com

Also known as: Fleck, Flecktarnmuster, German Woodland
Used by: German Armed Forces, Albania, Austria, Belgium, Romania
Websites that sell it: rddusa.com, flecktarn.co.uk, armysurplusworld.com

Also known as: Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform, Woodland MARPAT
Used by: US Marine Corps, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Cyprus, Dominica, Ecuador, Georgia, Greece
Websites that sell it: armysurplusworld.com, scarmy.com

Also known as: Japanese Self Defense Force Camouflage, Japanese Woodland, Type III JSDF Uniform
Used by: Japanese Ground SDF
Websites that sell it: worldcamo.com

http://www.militarymorons.com/gear/crye1.html

SAFETY
Always wear full seal, ANSI Z87.1+, Airsoft/Paintball goggles when playing the sport.
Keep your the orange tip on your gun when transporting, and keep it in a bag.
Never play in your neighborhood or in plain view of bystanders, play at a sanctioned field or elsewhere at your own risk.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 03:18:19 PM by chaseyqurt »

Airsofts are not that good.

Get a Pellet gun, they hurt more.

Hurting more ! = Good

Pellet guns are expensive and, it's not like you can MilSim with them.

Hurting more ! = Good

Pellet guns are expensive and, it's not like you can MilSim with them.
Then you are not a Redneck.
 :cookieMonster:

You can get one for about $120.

inb4airsplat

Anyway, I'll post pics of my airsoft guns later.

Airsofts are not that good.

Get a Pellet gun, they hurt more.
why the hell would you want them to hurt more?!

I have a FN P90 (GearBox broke and cant be forgeted to get it fixed). A M47D Pump Action Shotgun. And a 2-Tone L96A1 Bolt Action Sniper Rifle.

I have two Double Eagles G36C's (Don't buy Double Eagle crap), a P99, two mini-Mp5 things, an MP5k spring, and an M16A1 DPMS (Got it for $50, it's amazing).

I only have an Echo1 Mk36C(G36C) and a cheap p99 pistol I got from Bass Pro.

thank you my loving god, now i dont have to make my own topic!

MMkay, im looking for a decent airsoft sniper for 30>. It didnt happen. so i went to hobbytron and they have spring ak47's and aug's, except they are spring, so they are basically rifles.

My choices for primary: Spring AUG, 380 FPS, magazine: 40. Faux scope (does that mean it works?), $25

Choice 2 for primary: Spring AUG, better looking (imo), silencer, safety glasses included (not like that really matters, unless my friends are pussies...which they are) The only bad thing is, fps is unknown, and so is everything else about the actual gun itself. $15, pretty cheap

Last choice: spring ak47, 285 fps, 200 magazine capacity, comes with laser/scope, and a flashlight thingy. $18

Choice for secondary: spring pistol, 150 fps, comes with silencer, laser.magazine cap: 8.   $5

last choice for secondary: 200 fps spring pistol, small, $2.50

so.... primarys: 1 2 and 3, secondarys 4 and 5.... anybody with experience, help? or sugggest a better one?

why the hell would you want them to hurt more?!
You see son.
Seeing someone hurt i very entertaining for you, until you get hurt.
Then you wanna hurt them some more.

I never really understood airsoft. I mean, how does one know if he gets hit? And even more so, if he does, what does he do? How does one win?

Now I'm neither an airsoft nor paintball enthusiast, so I don't mean this in a which is better statement, but I understand that in paintball you can see where they've been hit and how many times (i.e like a score).

But please, feel free to explain the premise of the idea. I'd like to know more about it. I've always thought airsoft guns were cool because, they look like real guns.

Well if you're wearing heavy winter coats, you wont feel it. But airsoft things go up to like, over 300 mph. 100 fps is slightly over 100 miles per hour, and most airsoft guns go over 100 fps. So if your wearing a t-shirt, you will feel it.

as to who wins, certain places would have certain rules i think. Maybe its 10 chest shots your dead, or something. plus there is sniper, cqb, and field rules, so there is that to consider.

But if you are playing around with your friends with no rules, you pretty much gotta tackle the other guy to the ground and threaten to shoot him until he gives up. shoot him in his exoised neck skin though >:D

Now halp with mah problem D:

Hm. Right.

I understand the concept, and I also understood the idea of wearing light t-shirts. But I dunno, it just doesn't seem like you can keep track of the hits very easily. I mean, if you're far away and someone uses say a weak handgun on you, you might think it was just an itch rather than a pellet. Or vice versa, you feel you got hit when in reality you didn't.

I dunno. It still sounds like a neat idea, but then also hard to play.