Author Topic: Raining Vehicles  (Read 1628 times)

As I have before I was having fun in my server making odd things happen. This time, the weather was a bit odd. It rained time bombs and jeeps.

This was quite simple to do, the script used may be found here.
The following screen shots (and a bit of expected lag from all the polygons) is what resulted from the use of the above script.

look mommy its raining <kid sticks out toung>

That could make for a fun minigame involving only having a time bomb defuser and one life.

That could make for a fun minigame involving only having a time bomb defuser and one life.
Only without the limitation of lives, that is annoying.

Also, as shown in the script, the time bombs only took one hit before they were defused, and in my case, since a normally dropped time bomb explodes after 25 seconds, these time bombs started out with a one minute fuse.

Also, as shown in the script, the time bombs only took one hit before they were defused, and in my case, since a normally dropped time bomb explodes after 25 seconds, these time bombs started out with a one minute fuse.
Do eet.

Make it like the spears n' platforms though, a basic platform way up high.

Either way, you need to devise some sort of game.

Either way, you need to devise some sort of game.

/agree

Game Idea: have timbebombs fall onto a high up platform of 1x1s with falling damage on and brick respawning set to -1. If you dont defuse bomb, a section of platform blows away, and if you're on that section, bye bye. The goal is to have 1 person left alive.

You'd also need a button to respawn bricks and a roof that can be made to appear/disappear at the touch of a button or a way to turn the script on/off with a /something.

/agree

Game Idea: have timbebombs fall onto a high up platform of 1x1s with falling damage on and brick respawning set to -1. If you dont defuse bomb, a section of platform blows away, and if you're on that section, bye bye. The goal is to have 1 person left alive.

You'd also need a button to respawn bricks and a roof that can be made to appear/disappear at the touch of a button or a way to turn the script on/off with a /something.
Or you could just have it ever time someone hits the bottom it resets the bricks. :D

Or you could just have it ever time someone hits the bottom it resets the bricks. :D
Then you could only play with 2 people at a time...

ITS -a- RAINING VEHICLES!

HALLALUEYA ITS -a- RAINING VEHICLES!

Then you could only play with 2 people at a time...
No basically it would just reset everytime someone dies. If you did it your way by the end there would be a little platform left. You could still play with more then 2 people.

I keep all my scripts self-managing (I just made that term up but it means I could run it on a dedi and not need to do anything to it in order for it to run), I don't want any "buttons" or /commands because that means I would need to sit at my server all day doing the same thing over and over again and it's boring, believe me.

/agree

you sir obviously haven't read the script, or if you did you couldn't understand it.

No basically it would just reset everytime someone dies. If you did it your way by the end there would be a little platform left. You could still play with more then 2 people.

Exactly, as time goes on, it gets harder and harder. That's one of the main points of my idea.

Edit: Sorry, I don't read code. Trying to learn how to by editing already-made stuff, though.

DualEdit: screw the button or /command to stop bombs from falling. You could just build a roof and then event two bricks to turn rendering, ray casting, and collision on and off. Also, the "boringness" of having to sit in a room pressing buttons coold be fixed with a simple rule:
"the winner gets to use the control room next round."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:36:03 PM by BobSevenSevens »