Author Topic: Lalam's Ongoing Megaman Zero Figure  (Read 6161 times)

I've been working on this for months and months now.  Constantly rebooting simple things, perfecting proportions, etc.
DO NOTE: the detailing in all of these shots isn't final.  It's there to basically see how it would look while I'm sculpting it.  Almost as a guide towards accuracy.

First presculpt image (picture taken - July 12):

Second presculpt image - the restart (was resized due to my annoyance with the larger scale on the previous, picture taken - July 31):

Third presculpt image - the track to completion (picture taken - September 11):

Primary reference pictures:

I actually have the book of official artwork for the game, and I used alot more pictures in there, but they're hard to find online.

Go ahead and rate.  Also, most of you wouldn't care, but I have over 15 people now willing to buy resin molds once it's finished, so you can work out a reservation if you're willing to pay $50.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 10:53:44 PM by Lalam24 »

Whats up with your hands :o

They're always filled to stuff with clay, so they look really dry and cracked.  You should see how smooth they look right now.

Oh wow, I love this, it looks like something I would buy from a store. From what I can see, it is flawless.
I think that hes been working with wet clay, which makes your hands like a prune ;)

edi: oops, lalam just posted :P

Super sculpey's not a wet form of clay, but it makes my hands dry, either way.

Can't wait to see the completed product.

You have wrinkly hands :D

I'd tap buy that.

So you plan on making more to sell?

I'd tap buy that.

So you plan on making more to sell?
Resin casts, so yes.  (resin's a form of plastic)

But, they come white, and sell for $50.  The joints are included, and preassembled.  I'll be throwing some fully painted ones up for bids.

By the way, $50's really cheap for a partially mass produced custom figure.

Awesome.

I want one. ):

I better hold my credit card ready for the painted ones...

needs moar completion, cast/mold, and make tons of copies to sell