Author Topic: Diggy's Metropolis Server  (Read 287166 times)

guys, just don't worry about it. If you've waited a whole year for it, I think you can survive for another week.

Its actually only been about 4-5 months....

Its actually only been about 4-5 months....
Feels like a year for me.

Diggys is up, passworded tho. good sign!

Diggys is up, passworded tho. good sign!

You say that like people were afraid that it wouldn't ever be back up.

Im saying its better then it not being up.

Im saying its better then it not being up.

True, it does have to be up for the admins to work on it...

Well, I've given up on wizzard's hosting, so now i'm trying to host it myself without much success. I'll either have to find someone who will host it for free or fix my other computer that might be capable of running it.

I can ask Warground if he can open up a ATFclan.eu server.

Wish I could help, I know a guy who works for a group that has great servers, but I couldn't really ask him to do it.

Hey diggy sylvanor can host, why not ask him?

Well, I've given up on wizzard's hosting, so now i'm trying to host it myself without much success. I'll either have to find someone who will host it for free or fix my other computer that might be capable of running it.

What exactly broke on your other computer?

I find Newegg an excellent source for my newer computer parts, and Ebay for used inexpensive parts.

Edit: Newegg seem to have some nice CPU+Motherboard combo deals right now. Although I'm not a big fan of AMD, you can get an AMD Phenom II Quad core and a motherboard to go with it for $150. The least expensive deal  I happened to see was $89. Of course this doesn't cover the cost of the ram or any other components you may need, but its a good start. I personally was surprised to see that 1GB sticks of DDR3 ram were as cheap as $10.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:52:35 PM by stargatefan »

Kalphiter

Warground is out of the picture... Last time with him was a mess up.
Kal hates diggy, and i'm pretty sure diggy hates kal

annnnnnnndd it's not free.

Warground is out of the picture... Last time with him was a mess up.
Kal hates diggy, and i'm pretty sure diggy hates kal
I really want the server to run at full capacity. He should think of purchasing a more professional host.