Author Topic: Diggy's Metropolis Server  (Read 287048 times)

That's me.
forget you :c
I see you drivin' round town with the girl I love and I'm like forget you.

Hello all, sorry about your problems with the server. I honestly thought the server would have crashed again by now and sorta gave up on it. But it looks like wizzard might have changed something and now its going again. I'll try to fix RE so I don't have to own bricks on everyone's lots. Also fire is off because it needs a rewrite.
Thanks for being patient with me

Hey Dig, guess what.

The server crashed just after you posted this. haha

Hey Dig, guess what.

The server crashed just after you posted this. haha
Maybe he shut it down? :U

We will be patient with you =)
Need server to host? huhuhu >=]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:20:24 PM by Sylvanor »

We will be patient with you =)
Need server to host? huhuhu >=]

I am SPEACHLESS,, How the heck Sy? That picture....wow.  I think you should be the host if that server can handle ANYTHING?!?!?!

Hum i dont know... Many of theses servers don't have graphic card, i use them as cluster (to have supercomputer). Basic configuration is the following: Octorcore 3ghz, 12 ore 32 gb ram,  1 Tb hard drive, and 8 mb graphic integrated card chipset hum... Not pictured, i have also some game computer with 1 or 1,7 gb card (GT 295 or something like that... xD) But, i am running Linux or Redhat, or Untangle (dedicated antivirus), or Unix (for server database). When i play blockland, i play on a windows emlator haha... (that's why i am easly jailable, because of lags  on a cuad core...) :cookieMonster:

Free killing from Tpant 5 or 6 times. Good. (against rules no? hmmm)  :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:01:38 PM by Sylvanor »

Hello, I have starte d regularly playing on your server. It was great, until people started lighting EVERYTHING on fire, and chasing all the other players with the flamethrower. Im not really sure what rpg elements the flamethrower was supposed to encompass, but i think it should just be removed from the server. Two players, pressme and Deion have lit two complete lots and the entire bank entrance on fire, as well as other random bricks. You can trust me in saying that if you dont do something about it you will lose your community VERY quickly. I realize that killing is and should be a part of an rpg, but i am fairly certain that random, unsolicited, unprofitable, and supremely REPETITIVE killing is not. they literally stand at your spawn and kill you.

Hello, I have starte d regularly playing on your server. It was great, until people started lighting EVERYTHING on fire, and chasing all the other players with the flamethrower. Im not really sure what rpg elements the flamethrower was supposed to encompass, but i think it should just be removed from the server. Two players, pressme and Deion have lit two complete lots and the entire bank entrance on fire, as well as other random bricks. You can trust me in saying that if you dont do something about it you will lose your community VERY quickly. I realize that killing is and should be a part of an rpg, but i am fairly certain that random, unsolicited, unprofitable, and supremely REPETITIVE killing is not. they literally stand at your spawn and kill you.

The flamethrower's been on the server for a pretty long time.  People still come here anyway.  Personally, I think Diggy should just disable fire until the server is running smoothly again. 

Also

they literally stand at your spawn and kill you.
Pictures please.

Slyvanor only wants to host server because he wants admin. >_>

people only want to run for president so they can be president.

Hum i dont know... Many of theses servers don't have graphic card, i use them as cluster (to have supercomputer). Basic configuration is the following: Octorcore 3ghz, 12 ore 32 gb ram,  1 Tb hard drive, and 8 mb graphic integrated card chipset hum... Not pictured, i have also some game computer with 1 or 1,7 gb card (GT 295 or something like that... xD) But, i am running Linux or Redhat, or Untangle (dedicated antivirus), or Unix (for server database). When i play blockland, i play on a windows emlator haha... (that's why i am easly jailable, because of lags  on a cuad core...) :cookieMonster:

Free killing from Tpant 5 or 6 times. Good. (against rules no? hmmm)  :cookieMonster:

Oh.

Uhhg, people need to stop lighting stuff on fire. 

Slyvanor only wants to host server because he wants admin. >_>

So? He would be decent admin.  At least he wont abuse it unlike anyone else on this server who is not civilized.....

Hum... I dont like people who say "he want to host because he sant admin gnagnagnagna...". I just want to play well on this game. Don't say i am a bad player, I hosted and administrated games yet (wow, dofus, slayers...). Thoses servers are game dedicated. Only Diggy (i think) can decide who can become and who can't (exemple: Hamster). He his giving (i think) his best for the server, even if crashes and lags are very often.

Oh and Swat, i finished the lobby =) (no any stuff yet, maybe you want to add yourself? Ask me for more).  :cookie:

To finish: I saw that some people ask freqnently "how to do this... that". I will create a build (dunno where yet) to help. I also created (will be build on the city soon) a "map" of the city to help players directions. I think it may be a good idea.
(Oh! I forgot the bridge... Shame on me!)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:58:32 PM by Sylvanor »

Personally I don't think Diggy need's anymore admins, it's fine as it is.