Author Topic: Blockland window does not appear on certain resolutions  (Read 659 times)

For example of I set Blockland to windowed mode with 1280x1024 resolution the game window does not appear. The console appears normally and the process is up and running, but the window just isn't there. How can I fix this? My desktop resolution is 1680x1050, so yes I can handle the 1280x1024 resolution.

Have you tired any other resolution in windowed mode? If none are appearing then BL may be off screen.

Yes, I prefer using the 1280x720 windowed mode, when not doing anything too important. But usually I use 1680x1050 fullscreen, when building something more complicated.

Badspot

• Administrator
When you pick 1280x1024, it tries to make the actual game area that big.  The window borders are extra.  The windows XP default theme adds an extra 6x32 pixels for the window heading and border making the total window size 1286x1056 which is too big (windows does not allow you to make a window bigger than the screen). 

This is actually a long standing bug that I could not figure out until just now when I read your post, so thanks. 

When you pick 1280x1024, it tries to make the actual game area that big.  The window borders are extra.  The windows XP default theme adds an extra 6x32 pixels for the window heading and border making the total window size 1286x1056 which is too big (windows does not allow you to make a window bigger than the screen). 

This is actually a long standing bug that I could not figure out until just now when I read your post, so thanks. 

Happy to help. =) This will be fixed in v13 I assume? Is there a temporary fix for this?

So, there is no temporary fix for this? I really need Blockland at 1280x1024 windowed mode.

Badspot

• Administrator
So, there is no temporary fix for this? I really need Blockland at 1280x1024 windowed mode.

The only way you could make that window fit is switch to the classic theme.  With the normal XP theme, it simply doesn't fit.  The bug is that it allows you to choose that resolution when it won't fit.

I think Badspot means this:

The only way you could make that window fit is switch to the classic theme.  With the normal XP theme, it simply doesn't fit.  The bug is that it allows you to choose that resolution when it won't fit.
Great thanks! It works now, I just changed the theme to Windows Classic and then changed the resolution.