Author Topic: Should I release this Bedroom edit pack?  (Read 1573 times)

I just whipped up this one pack of solid-coloured bedroom edits (I might include gradient-coloured bedrooms later on if I release this) and I'm not sure whether to post it or not. It might be good for certain builds and server events, but then again it looks too abstract and unrealistic, and realism is what a lot of people look for in maps.

The pack comes in 6 colours right now: blue, green, orange, red, white, and yellow. A black bedroom is out of the question since it is impossible to see anything inside of it, even with brick and player lighting.

I'd include kitchen and possibly slope edits within the pack, but the .zip already clocks in at 2 and a half megabytes, which is a serious filesize fail for an addon (the contents are almost 7MB).

Tell me what you think, images:

No way. This takes no effort to make and requires tons of downloading for players joining, as do all retextures.

No way. This takes no effort to make...
Effort or not, it could be useful in some situations, much like a lot of other addons or maps that people have previously thought were useless.
...and requires tons of downloading for players joining, as do all retextures.
Oh stuff, hadn't considered that.

For some reason I like em.

For some reason I like em.
Most of the people who came to my server today liked 'em too. :o

These are completely unnecessary.

If I felt like vomiting then yes.

Depends: Are you copying the entire Bedroom model and forcing people to download it as well as copies of its textures six times for it to function?

Depends: Are you copying the entire Bedroom model and forcing people to download it as well as copies of its textures six times for it to function?
if not then :D :D :D
hell bedroom :D

I'm not sure why, but I do rather like them.

Though I see no reason for them at all.

Also:
requires tons of downloading for players joining, as do all retextures.

Well, I was, but I'm going to go fix that right now. Doesn't that mess up the textures though?