Author Topic: Just Started Lock Picking. Any Tips?  (Read 1728 times)

I just started lock picking because there are drawers in my science class that are locked, and I want to know what's in them. So, I got them open fairly easily, and it seemed I only needed to jiggle around a lot with only once pin, when there were five.
I opened 7 drawers easily, but when I test it on my house door, it takes much longer and doesn't seem to work.
Any tips to become better and more efficient with lock picking?
The tools I have are a pressure wrench, a normal hook-like pick, a snake-like pick, a circular end pick, and a tiny triangular bump pick.

Here's a tip, make sure no one mistakes you for a burglar :cookieMonster:

For house doors, use a flexible credit card. Get it in between the metal latch thingy and the hole it fits in, and push on the door while jiggling.

It's how my mom gets us back inside if we lock ourselves out.

:3

For house doors, use a flexible credit card. Get it in between the metal latch thingy and the hole it fits in, and push on the door while jiggling.

It's how my mom gets us back inside if we lock ourselves out.

:3

Ya cant do that on newer doors and frames :3

Crouch and make sure your hidden.  Make sure to have lots of bobby pins, and raise your lockpick skill every level.

I always wanted to do lockpicking. D:

Anyway, don't target only one pin, sometimes it uses more.  Look at the pattern on your house key to find out which pins it raises up, and which ones it keeps down.

Crouch and make sure your hidden.  Make sure to have lots of bobby pins, and raise your lockpick skill every level.
This isn't Oblivion.

This isn't Oblivion.

He wouldn't have said bobby pins if it was Oblivion.

This isn't Fallout 3.

This isn;t Dungeons and Dragons.

Your all idiots, jeeze.

He wouldn't have said bobby pins if it was Oblivion.

This isn't Fallout 3.

I forgot.

This isn't Oblivion.
Yeah, if it WERE, you need the loving CRATE of lockpicks.

For house doors, use a flexible credit card.

This isn't NetHack, you can put your Yendorian Express card back in your wallet now.

Your all idiots, jeeze.

he uses his 'all idiots' to pick the lock?

NetHack is a fun game indeed.