Author Topic: Color Picker Tool  (Read 4549 times)

Color Picker Tool

I wanted one a color picker tool a while ago, back before I learned TorqueScript, but nobody wanted to make one.
So I finally got around to making one myself.
I've had this for a while just sitting there, and came across it again today, so I'll go ahead and release it.

The reason I wanted this tool was because I was working on an old build in a map where the sunlight was orange which was constantly confusing me about which colors to use.

Usage: Simply type /pickColor in the chat while looking at a brick of the desired color and your blockhead will use the spray can that is the same color as the brick you were looking at when you typed the command. This is a server sided script which means it will work for anybody on your server, but only on servers that have this script (assuming that it is enabled in either case). This will work with any color-set.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e1frtjydznm

Enjoy.

Is it serversided?

Either way, very nice.

Is it serversided?

Either way, very nice.
This is a server sided script which means it will work for anybody on your server, but only on servers that have this script (assuming that it is enabled in either case).

Whats the point of this again?

Whats the point of this again?
The reason I wanted this tool was because I was working on an old build in a map where the sunlight was orange which was constantly confusing me about which colors to use.

Usage: Simply type /pickColor in the chat while looking at a brick of the desired color and your blockhead will use the spray can that is the same color as the brick you were looking at when you typed the command.

Ah, sorry. I just skimmed the post.
It's okay, apparently TacticGamer did too.

I can read, and you have yet to tell me how this is useful.

Unless you have 50 shades of one color in your color set, you should be able to distinguish one color from another.

Unless you have 50 shades of one color in your color set, you should be able to distinguish one color from another.

Bind a key to it to instantly switch to a specific color, I guess.

I find it easier to go up to the color I want, paint it the color I think it is, and if it changes color I undo and choose my 2nd thought. Since most color sets have pretty distinct shades, I usually get it on the first or second try.

In the case you are in a map with lighting which tints all colors, it will be quite hard to distinguish which colors are which, take a look at "an old build" which was built in slate inferno (or whatever ladios' lava map is called). The build appears to be built out of some shade of brown, right? Well it's actually a shade of gray and the lighting is what is throwing it off. It's in a scenario like this that the tool is useful.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

It would only be useful if we had a way to add a color via code while in-game.

For example, have a square in your paint can that you can select, and type /color 44 61 21 00, (forget how color system worked, I haven't played in forever...this is why my avatar is out-dated...) and you get that color. I've wanted this for a while, and yeah, this post should probably be in suggestions. Ah well.

What's the difference with the Fillcan?

What's the difference with the Fillcan?
With fillcans, you pick a color, then spray. With this, it helps pick the color for you, and to paint bricks one  by one.

FINALLY ITS MADE IVE WANTED THIS FOR 4 MONTHS! EPIC