Author Topic: Getting stuff Done (for once)  (Read 1360 times)

To be honest, most of the people mentioned in Drama is an attention whore from what I've seen.
Why don't we stop giving them what they want, and actually get something done, like blacklisting or ID banning instead of whining...

Take Action, or feed the zoo animals? It's really your individual choices that make up what becomes of their future in this community. If we just keep making them known and harshly discussed instead of Exiling them socially, things will get worse. Trust me, giving the monkeys in the cage some peanuts won't guarantee they'll refrain from launching feces in your general direction.

Don't mean to start any flaming or anything, but seriously. We should try to drop our habits, and take up new ones before those tiny little microbes grow into gigantic planet-eating starfishs that are way beyond anyone's mental help.

Discuss

Really, if everyone's mutual goal was to make this forum a perfect online community, this board wouldn't exist. However, some people find it enjoyable to complain/argue over different people/topics, and as long as at least one of those people exist on this forum, this will never happen.

ID banning because butthurt friends are angry that they've been banned is the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

Blacklists are food.
ok.
ID banning because butthurt friends are angry that they've been banned is the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

What are these, I don't even.

To be completely honest, the board is not my problem. It's the asshattery we continue to feed in this board that's the issue. Most of the time it ends up compelling them to be even bigger starfishs than before (the ones complained about). I'm just saying that if we stopped throwing fuel in the fire, there might be a slight chance that the number of idiotic scum we'd have to deal with on a daily basis would decrease gradually.

Not what I was talking about. Most of the time, drama sections are made by someone else, talking about a different person. I'm not trying to imply that we should ban people that ask to be unbanned, I'm implying that we should ban those who are reported as potential troublemakers, instead of giving them the satisfaction of knowledge that a couple hundred or so people dislike them.

That just further pushes them to be more of an starfish, so that they can get a worse and worse reputation. Essentially, they are the smarter ones at the moment, because they know for a fact that they can be the biggest starfishs ever and there is almost nothing us individuals ever do about it except wait or fuel the blaze.

Let's try to form an brown townogy to depict this better.

Let's say you're a juvenile delinquent. The worst kind. The skater kind. You're even a (insert another stereotype here), and you've been throwing rocks at an old man's front porch. The old man does nothing but holler and complain about you throwing the rocks. He never even threatens to call the cops, he just gets angrier and angrier. I'm pretty sure this would not signal you, in any way, to stop throwing rocks because to you, this is hysterical.

While the old man can be comparable to the community's individuals, and the delinquent comparable to the offender. Don't be an old geezer, call the cops. Throw down the ban hammer. Hell, tell your friends of the wonderful Word of Ban.

What are these, I don't even.
Blacklisting people give them attention.

Yeah, I kinda read that wrong, I thought you meant we should revoke thier keys, but then I realised what you were talking about.

So, we're old geezers?

That's all I got from that.

NOEDITINDRAMA: I see what you mean, Wynd

Take Action, or feed the zoo animals?

Trust me, giving the monkeys in the cage some peanuts won't guarantee they'll refrain from launching feces in your general direction.

We should try to drop our habits, and take up new ones before those tiny little microbes grow into gigantic planet-eating starfishs that are way beyond anyone's mental help.

It's the asshattery we continue to feed in this board that's the issue.

I'm just saying that if we stopped throwing fuel in the fire

there is almost nothing us individuals ever do about it except wait or fuel the blaze.

Let's say you're a juvenile delinquent. The worst kind. The skater kind. You're even a (insert another stereotype here), and you've been throwing rocks at an old man's front porch. The old man does nothing but holler and complain about you throwing the rocks. He never even threatens to call the cops, he just gets angrier and angrier. I'm pretty sure this would not signal you, in any way, to stop throwing rocks because to you, this is hysterical.

Don't be an old geezer, call the cops. Throw down the ban hammer.

Way too many metaphors, idioms and brown townogies!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 05:37:09 PM by Ephialtes »

So, we're old geezers?

That's all I got from that.

You're a dumbass.

Can your 10-year-old mind think deeper than 'LETS TRY AND MAKE THESE PEOPLE LAFF'?

You obviously have some kind of mental condition, because you cannot realise that he was making a (rather intelligent) comparison to a real-life scenario. If you had an IQ higher than a spoon's, you would have understood.

NOEDITINDRAMA: I see what you mean, Wynd
Yeah, he was talking about feeding them.

Blacklists don't have to be food if you don't give it too much attention. Just a simple "WIll Ban on sight" or, I'll watch out for him" would suffice as a form of blacklisting. Technically, you're still making them known as a threat or a nuisance to the community. Except in this efficient method, you aren't drawing or giving the attention they want.

Way too many metaphors and brown townogies!
Sorry, I have a habit for doing that :P