Author Topic: Lolworld Wallpaper - First Wallpaper :D  (Read 2880 times)

Lolworld


A place where a little black monster is spitting color into a bleak and grey world.

Please rate x/10, feedback is appreciated.

This is version 2. I never finished v1 but it was ugly and I like this more.


But...it's so tiny!

Actually, it just was compressed by Photobucket. It's really 1280x800; my screen size.



Try imageshack, bro.

NO. Imageshack makes me sad. I might try Tinypic though.

But as far as I'm concerned, not having a huge pagestretch is a good thing.

Ninjaedit: loving quote fail. Why does it always do that >:C

Neat, but some of the lines and paint blobs look a bit... rugged.  Might want to try to get a smoother effect.

This wouldn't even fit my 1280x1024 monitor...
...even if it was 1280x800.

Neat, but some of the lines and paint blobs look a bit... rugged.  Might want to try to get a smoother effect.

I know, and I know how to fix this. It was a problem with my technique, and I intend to revise it.
This wouldn't even fit my 1280x1024 monitor...
...even if it was 1280x800.
...?

...?
You say the full size picture is 1280x800. My monitor is 1280x1024.
I'm also saying that you should make larger sizes, because people have 1600x1200; 1440x900; etc. monitors.

You say the full size picture is 1280x800. My monitor is 1280x1024.
I'm also saying that you should make larger sizes, because people have 1600x1200; 1440x900; etc. monitors.

I just made this for personal use, brosef. If you'd like a custom resize, I guess I could try to pull it off. If you have a Mac, you could just make it fill screen or whatever. I'm sure Windows has a similar feature. I use that and have never had problems with pixelation, even with small images.

But this is made with GIMP, a raster editor. How do I make it larger without pixelation?

I might try Tinypic though.
Using Tinypic for a large pic. =|

That is nice! I tryed gimp but it is annoying in me.

Nah, it's fine. I was just wondering why you didn't consider other's monitors (which you explained that you made it for personal use). You may want to keep that in mind though, for the next wallpaper you make.

Using Tinypic for a large pic. =|

That is nice! I tryed gimp but it is annoying in me.

GIMP is annoying, yes. I'm just waiting for my dad to get his copy of Photoshop to me.

Does anybody want to know how I made those neato little paint drops without a vector program or custom brush? Anyone? :c
I thought that part was really cool.

Make an 1280x1024 version