Author Topic: Snowy Valley Map Pack (v1)  (Read 7269 times)

Hey look, I make maps now.

Name
Snowy Valley
By Dr. TopHat (Me)

Descriptions
Snowy Valley
A Valley map that is very snowy and has two enclosed areas for building a base, a big house, or anything else cool.
One of the areas is dug in, like a big pit.

Snowy Valley Dark
Basically, it's Snowy Valley, only dark.

Snowy Valley River
Same as the other one, except this one has water.

Snowy Valley Dark River
Basically, it's the River version, only dark.

Map Images
Snowy Valley

Snowy Valley Dark

Snowy Valley River

Snowy Valley Dark River

What you're really dealing with.

Credits
Heedicalking - Helping me test these.

Main point of this
The main point of this is; There are two enclosed area, one a pit, and one a flat area. Behind all this, is a big battle field like area.
However, on the river maps, the pit area is filled in with water. You can make like a water base or something.

Known Bugs
 - Water textures don't seem to show up sometimes. (thanks to ShadowZero for reporting it)

Any suggestions? Post them here.

Long post is long.
Rate plox.

Download
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:39:57 PM by TheChaosCarrier »

For the first time, I get first post!

Sorry for acting noobish, but these look pretty good, just cut down on the random spikes everywhere.

Other than that, 7/10

For the first time, I get first post!

Sorry for acting noobish, but these look pretty good, just cut down on the random spikes everywhere.

Other than that, 7/10
They're not spikes. They're mountain ranges.

EDIT: Made DL Link bigger, so it's more noticeable.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 11:58:43 PM by TheChaosCarrier »

FYI; I would've released on RtB, but I wouldn't have enough room for images. :D

Actually, I should do that anyway, just I know people will get this in case they don't browse the forums. :\
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 08:37:44 PM by TheChaosCarrier »

This looks similar to Trashman 5...Which is where my succesful Western rpg went.... TIME TO MAKE AN ARCTIC RPG!

This looks similar to Trashman 5...Which is where my succesful Western rpg went.... TIME TO MAKE AN ARCTIC RPG!
Never seen that map before. :o

It looks like you just used the set height tool to make a huge indentation then made a couple of pointy mountains and smoothed it out. I don't see a lot of effort in this.

So THESE are the maps you were talking about, lol. Nice job, except...

It looks like you just used the set height tool to make a huge indentation then made a couple of pointy mountains and smoothed it out. I don't see a lot of effort in this.

This. Although you still have my download.

Badspot says to never make a mountain/hill with one single big brush and says to use a small brush to skillfully sculpt your mountain.

I like them. I'll download.

Thanks to ShadowZero for reporting an issue, I have updated the "Known Bugs" section.

hmmmm, i wonder will you make a grass version in the spring?