Daily Server Review

Author Topic: Daily Server Review  (Read 3070 times)

Heres how it works; I judge the server on "BLOCK"-

Build quality - Are the builds there any good? Are there many of them? Is it made purely from 1x12x5s and firebricks? Correct use of EW?

Leadership - Are the admins kind? EW given within 3 requests? Spammers jailed or kicked?

Originality - Is it just another freebuild on RTB isles? Or is it a challenge on a custom made map with new scripts and items? Are the builds unique?

Custom settings - Includes game types and mods used, and whether these worked or not. Also includes LAG

Koolness- Overall rating, several ratings may be given on servers where people may have multiple tastes on what they do and don't like. Koolness is not an average of above ratings.

These are my own views and some might not agree with them these people are wrong

I will tend to review the servers that are up frequently rather than one-offs, unless the One-offs are pretty good.

23 Sept
Name: >Kap's Server<
Details: DigitalDesigner map

Build quality: 7/10 It hadn't been up long, but some cool traps and houses were made
Leadership: 9/10 Two friendly admins gave EW instantly, set up a DM between admins and other players for whoever wanted a fight, and protected builders. Knew a lot about the game
Originality: 8/10 Made traps and messed about on an uncommonly played map. Unique builds
Custom stuff: 5/10 Basic RTB but with a downloaded map
Koolness: 8.5/10
Made a fort wars game, with some really good builds. I had to leave before the fight but I know it would have been fun. Recommended.

somthing different
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 10:04:30 PM by ladios »

What did you think of Pirates on thursday? I know it's not beeen daily exactly but it is going to be when my connection clears up.

I loved it! I built the moon inn if you remember. Ill give a biased review for it next time its up

Don't rate my FortDM server.  Its not actually running RTB.

It doesnt have to be RTB, and youd get instant 10 for originality and custom stuff anyway

Build quality: 0/10 Builds are made consistantly from spammed windows and bricks, as this is the best way to play the game
Leadership: 5/10 Despite Bleh often not being there, the server cant be brickspammed, and EWs would not be needed. If somebody needs help there isnt much time to explain the rules, but fortunately the GUI explains it clearly
Originality: 10/10 Nothing at all like this
Custom stuff: 10/10 Completely new experience
Koolness: 2n/10  , where n=number of players. 6 or more players means its really really good
Highly recommended when 3 or more players online. Worth a look even when nobody else is online

I you dont mind me putting this in main post please say, and if you dont want it here at all please say too

Wedge: i think its based on BL002

I loved it! I built the moon inn if you remember. Ill give a biased review for it next time its up
That'll be tommorow at least, most likely tommorow or if not the day after. If it's the day after i'm not gonna be a happy chappy, i can't join servers so i have to stay on forums where it takes me 5 mins to make one post! And that inn pwned.

This might turn out to be one of my most favorite threads ever.

4 days late WGAF? [MotE]Pirates is gonna take a bit to get back up becuase we have to figure out this Sky system.

It doesnt have to be RTB, and youd get instant 10 for originality and custom stuff anyway

Build quality: 0/10 Builds are made consistantly from spammed windows and bricks, as this is the best way to play the game
Leadership: 5/10 Despite Bleh often not being there, the server cant be brickspammed, and EWs would not be needed. If somebody needs help there isnt much time to explain the rules, but fortunately the GUI explains it clearly
Originality: 10/10 Nothing at all like this
Custom stuff: 10/10 Completely new experience
Koolness: 2n/10  , where n=number of players. 6 or more players means its really really good
Highly recommended when 3 or more players online. Worth a look even when nobody else is online

I you dont mind me putting this in main post please say, and if you dont want it here at all please say too

Wedge: i think its based on BL002

Sorry for the old bump, but as long as you say that it isn't running RTB, I'm fine with it.  Its running a modded version of BL0002, and I haven't been able to correctly port it to RTB.  This server is also going to be alternating between FortDM and CTB.  It always seems like not many people join my dedicated servers.

Hey, whenever you see a 'maples lost forest' or something similar, stop by and review it. If it's your first time there, you'll have to DL a .ter, but it's worth it. It's Oblivion-themed, with lots of great builds and scripts.

somthing different
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 10:04:39 PM by ladios »

With this new connection I can't host! 7 Times faster but no port forward option! Great for Downloaders but not Spation

This thread fails, I think rating anything is stupid, why not just put server names and tell some players to go to it.