Author Topic: Ff. Why do source games lag on my laptop  (Read 1353 times)

So recently I was on my laptop and started playing TF2.
It started up just fine, with my normal settings. But when I got in, It lagged me to hell. It was REALLY skippy, So it made it impossible to play.
I lowered the settings to lowest. Still lags. I set the res to lowest. STILL lags. Garrysmod also lags.
Seriously, what the hell is going on? It never lagged before, or at least not this bad.

You haven't told us anything about your laptop...

Laptops should not be used for games. They decide when to work well or break. Computers r teh wuy of da futur

Laptops should not be used for games.
Okay, BUT I WANT TO.
It just doesnt make sense how I can play tf2 just fine at one point then it runs like stuff later

Laptops are more like people, they need rest.

So recently I was on my laptop and started playing TF2.
It started up just fine, with my normal settings. But when I got in, It lagged me to hell. It was REALLY skippy, So it made it impossible to play.
I lowered the settings to lowest. Still lags. I set the res to lowest. STILL lags. Garrysmod also lags.
Seriously, what the hell is going on? It never lagged before, or at least not this bad.
A. You're on a laptop.
B. Source games are resource hogs.

wait a few days
It'll work fine

Try deleting your temporary files or set "-dxlevel70". Attempt to scan for viruses.

Restart. I've had this problem on my Desktop PC, just restart it...
Or if you upgraded to Windows 7 + have an Intel GMA graphics chip, don't expect to be able to play Source games anymore.

i fixed my lag by clearing out my case of dust :D

Huh. I have Skippy and jumpy TF2.
Im running on a advent laptop.So I cannot play It at all. So in the end I just asked mom if I could get a XBox360. So I can then play L4D2 and Tf2 and all other VALVE GAME

Huh. I have Skippy and jumpy TF2.
Im running on a advent laptop.So I cannot play It at all. So in the end I just asked mom if I could get a XBox360. So I can then play L4D2 and Tf2 and all other VALVE GAME
Quote from: Regulith
Ew, Vanilla TF2.