Chemistry - Science Report Ideas

Author Topic: Chemistry - Science Report Ideas  (Read 994 times)

I’m doing a report in chemistry on absolutely anything I want, but I can’t seem to make up my mind. This is where I need your help. I’m hoping that this community would be able to come up with a topic for me.

Here is a list of things I’m looking for:
  • A subject that is challenging, but not impossible for a high school junior.
  • Something that would be fun to learn about.
  • Something that would impress a tough, but young high school teacher.
  • A subject that can be explained with chemistry, obviously.

Examples:
How a dragon could have breathed fire.
If it is possible to die from losing ones snake after it has been erected.
How a komodo dragon’s venom prevents the blood from clogging.

It can be about absolutely anything. When giving a suggestion, please list why you think it is a good idea.

Do the second one. Sounds perfect for school.

How a dragon could have breathed fire.
If it is possible to die from losing ones snake after it has been erected.
Those 2. Do it.

Make the periodic table out of their elements! Use glass or something to contain the corrosive ones :3

Do the second one. Sounds perfect for school.
Those 2. Do it.
I need original ideas, other people are already doing those.

Make the periodic table out of their elements! Use glass or something to contain the corrosive ones :3
I need to type of a paper on it. That sounds interesting, but it needs to be made of words. Besides, where would I get Unnilpentium?

Besides, where would I get Unnilpentium?
Wal-mart.

Ontopic: the effects of caffeine on common house pets!

Or Uranium.

Or Astatine.
Quote from: Wiki
Astatine is the rarest naturally-occurring element, with the total amount in Earth's crust estimated to be less than 1 oz (28 g) at any given time. This amounts to less than one teaspoon of the element. Guinness World Records has dubbed the element the rarest on Earth, stating: "Only around 0.9 oz (25 g) of the element astatine (At) occurring naturally".

Ontopic: the effects of caffeine on common house pets!
Interesting, but my friend told me he is not going to do the dragon one. So, I'm going to go with that. Thank you.