4 (40%)
yes
2 (20%)
yes
2 (20%)
yes
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: JD's Electronic Music stuff (Last Updated 9/10/2010) happy friday dawg  (Read 12323 times)

Ok, I regret that, now my brain hurts.

Also, I just got Vegas 9, so I can work on that music video now :D I uploaded a preview of my gecko, it's in off topic, have a look at it when you can

Dude, that looks pro. :) Cute gecko, too. :D

Ok, I regret that, now my brain hurts.
he actually has a lot of complicated looking stuff open that doesn't need to be open at all. fruity loops is actually a really simple piece of software. the couple of windows he has open there that actually mean anything are the piano roll, the mixer, the step sequencer, and the playlist.
on the piano roll the Y axis is pitch and the X axis is time. here is an empty screenshot of it:

here's a screenshot of it with a few notes:

there's a second box on the piano roll and it's for setting velocity, which is basically the volume of individual notes, as opposed to a master volume.

here's a screenshot of the mixer:

basically you link your instruments to separate channels on the mixer and that allows you to adjust the volume and effects for individual instruments. I added a simple echo (reverb) module to the master channel just to show how you would add effects (adding an effect to the master channel affects everything in the project). mostly everything on the mixer, besides effects and volume, is unimportant unless you are really serious, but I would recommend noodling around with the controls some day to see what they do.

here's a screenshot of the step sequencer:

you can see a little preview of the pattern I made in the piano roll earlier. the piano roll is opened by right clicking an instrument (for example, the box on there that says "piano") and selecting "piano roll". pretty simple stuff. to add an instrument to the step sequencer, right click an existing instrument, go down to insert, and select something. at the top of the window you can see it says "pattern 1". things in FL Studio are organized in to patterns (to change the pattern, click the number with the label "PAT" under it, and move your mouse up or down. I'm not going to screenshot it, but there is the information if you decide to download the demo).

patterns come in handy when using the playlist, here's a screenshot of it:

the playlist is where everything comes together. I think this post is kind of long enough, and the playlist is pretty self-explanatory anyway. you just stick your patterns on it.

I wrote this post so no one would be put off of making music by some stupid screenshot.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:33:33 PM by TheWorm »

-snip-
I wrote this post so no one would be put off of making music by some stupid screenshot.
IMO each of those windows would look pretty confusing alone, Worm. I just happened to have most of the windows for that project open. Thanks though :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:51:49 AM by JD »

Sounds cool, though I'll just 0 bomb it.

Hmm i guess i like the techno songs. It kinda reminded me of advanced wars. 5/5

Hmm i guess i like the techno songs. It kinda reminded me of advanced wars. 5/5
What techno..? I don't make techno.. :S

Can you put all your songs into one handy-dandy download? :D

Can you put all your songs into one handy-dandy download? :D
I can try; but it's important to keep in mind that I'm still making progress so the older ones aren't as good as the newer ones.

I understand that
So you'd still rather I take /all/ of them and put them into one file?

So you'd still rather I take /all/ of them and put them into one file?

The newer ones, pwease.

The newer ones, pwease.
Okay. So here's what I'm gonna do:
A. I'm gonna post this song olol
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/337815
B. I'm gonna create a .zip of the new songs
C. I'm gonna create a .zip of all of the songs, so that there's two downloads. This might take a little while. :S