Author Topic: Computer-wide Problem- Might Relate to Drivers  (Read 532 times)

I cannot recall exactly when it took place, but one day when playing some Blockland online, some of the sounds began to repeat and I would lose responsiveness in the mouse, leaving to me needing to go to task manager to end the game. I know I was on Diggy's server when it started. The problem quickly multiplied. Soon, the repeating sounds did not make me lose mouse responsiveness, but all attempts at terminating the program failed and locked my whole computer up!

Then effects started showing up in other games: FlightGear, another game I play, closes itself out after a scenario launches. In Ship Simulator 2008, if I exit to the menu after a session or two of the game, sections of the menu music will start repeating and have a Blockland-like effect trying to close. TF2 refuses to launch because a section of memory cannot be 'written' (I do not know if this problem causes it, as I only got TF2 after it started). Still, other programs work completely fine. These include Gmod, Rigs of Rod, and some non-DirectX things like Phun and Google Sketchup. Google Chrome, on the other hand, locks up either occasionally, after a period of time, or both, along with Windows Explorer and Microsoft Word. Internet Explorer closes unexpectedly rather often. What makes me think it's driver-related is the fact that Windows called at least one of these crashes a "stop error." The strange thing is, Windows Update said there were no major or minor updates needed.

My DxDiag is attached. I know my printer's drivers are out of date, but this alone is not the problem's source. My graphics card alone is no problem, either, as it kept doing it even when the card was removed. Any and all help is invaluable, and I would like to get this issue fixed ASAP!

Also, both DxDiag files are identical. I uploaded one after a session time out not knowing the other was still there.

I beg for assistance, as this is not just BL, it's my entire comp this glitch is messing with!

Thant sucks  :panda:

It could be a virus.

I think that you may have a defective stick of ram. Try removing one and then starting up your computer. Do this for all sticks of ram. If removing a stick fixes the problem, then dont use that defective stick anymore and buy some new ram.