Author Topic: v14 update....  (Read 1573 times)

Port forwarding is no longer necessary.
brb fap

Hosting is boring, anyway.  Especially now that most servers are almost never populated with over 4 players at a time with all of the new ones open.

Hosting is boring, anyway.  Especially now that most servers are almost never populated with over 4 players at a time with all of the new ones open.
Never thought about this, but it is very true.
"Hey, why don't you go PM some people and have them come to my server with you? We can DM!"
"NAO!"
"Why not...?"
"Me like admin powers. You go play with yourself. Then do some DMing."
*Headdesk

Posting in the initial v14 thread is really the de facto standard; now lock this and get out.

This update is good and bad at the same time. I can host my server now, showing off all my sweet DMs and Zombie Campaigns, but I've only had 6 people in my server in the last 3 days. Why? Because nobody can even see or just scroll right past it because of all the crappy servers. (I did get positive feedback from every one of those people, though :D)

This update is good and bad at the same time. I can host my server now, showing off all my sweet DMs and Zombie Campaigns, but I've only had 6 people in my server in the last 3 days. Why? Because nobody can even see or just scroll right past it because of all the crappy servers. (I did get positive feedback from every one of those people, though :D)

But too much of a good thing (Popularity) could be a bad thing (Complaining, Lag, Asking why you don't have whatever add-ons, etc.)

It's like the whole idea of money, too.
Money in circulation is high, value goes down, and vice versa. It works with servers.

We need a search box for servers

After the V14 update, 70% of the servers I see have 5 people or lower.

Here's a taste of cold reality: When people are free to host their own servers, they probably won't join yours.  That's because you're an starfish.  The only reason people ever tolerated you was because they simply had no other choice.  Your power monopoly is gone.  Social adeptness and creativity are the new measures of success.  You will not be able to succeed in the new order because you do not possess either of these qualities.  

Only really focus on the bold. I didn't want to hack away the parts of the quote.

After the V14 update, 70% of the servers I see have 5 people or lower.
This is why it helps to actually have friends instead of hoping some random dude will join your server.

Somebody's an starfish, lately.