Author Topic: Return to Blockland website broken?  (Read 2383 times)

Yeah, I didn't mean all of them, I meant that I've never really seen a Windows user randomly announce it.

Yeah, I didn't mean all of them, I meant that I've never really seen a Windows user randomly announce it.
I use Windows.

But I guess that wasn't randomly announcing it... It was quite relevant.

Then there's two issues there.
No only one.

IE isn't a bad browser. It's just easier for idiots to break.
No wonder plenty of people don't use it. Hrmm.

Tom

Or maybe the only people how use it are the idiots who break it.

Or maybe the only people how use it are the idiots who break it.
I use it and I have no problems with it.
I see no difference in speed between browsers, aside from Firefox slowing down other programs from using more memory.
I don't possibly see why anyone would need a secure browser unless you're handicapped enough to actually have something get something bad on your computer.

IE isn't a bad browser.
Wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid3#Browsers_that_pass
I see no difference in speed between browsers, aside from Firefox slowing down other programs from using more memory.
Wrong

http://lifehacker.com/5352195/browser-speed-tests-chrome-40-and-opera-10-take-on-all-challengers
I don't possibly see why anyone would need a secure browser unless you're handicapped enough to actually have something get something bad on your computer.
Very wrong.  If a security leak is found in Ie (of which there are many) the virus/hacker can easily gain control of your entire system.  If chrome is hacked however, what the virus/hacker can do is basically sandboxed within that page.   There are a few places where chrome may leak, but it's like comparing a bucket with a hole the size of a pin to a spagetti strainer.

That scratches the surface on a few topics of differences in browsers.

Very wrong.  If a security leak is found in Ie (of which there are many) the virus/hacker can easily gain control of your entire system.  If chrome is hacked however, what the virus/hacker can do is basically sandboxed within that page.   There are a few places where chrome may leak, but it's like comparing a bucket with a hole the size of a pin to a spagetti strainer.
Avast.
It works.

Avast.
It works.
Wrong.

Whatever the case, I can't believe that people still use IE. Even when creating webpages for fun, I have encountered head pounding differences between what I want my page to display and what IE displayed. Its a terrible browser and I can't believe that Microsoft still supports it.

I've found more sites that don't display properly on Firefox than I have for IE.

Actually, I have yet to see a webpage display improperly on IE, with you know, something newer than IE6.

Tom

I bet theres lots of people who don't even know about firefox.

My just switched from IE a few days ago.

I know about Firefox, and I don't refuse using it.

I just click on something that browses internet.

I have yet to experience any security issues, and have never experienced anything but 1 scamware (removed it myself) getting passed avast.