Author Topic: "invalid packet 0"  (Read 541 times)

people seem to get this error whenever they try to join my server

what's this mean, how do i fix it, etc

I get it alot, I usually try to join again and it works.

I get it alot, I usually try to join again and it works.

It either works after they join 2-3 times or a add-on has something messed up so you need them to not DL models/Projectiles/etc...

ALRIGHT

update

it wasn't invalid packet 0, it was invalid packet 1. still don't know what that means though

Some people get that if you create a new datablock they don't have while they're in the server and then try and use it. (e.g. make a new weapon image then mount it)

bump

can't host a server in this state, need this cleared up soon

You changed a model file without renaming it, thus anyone who already downloaded the model from your server cannot download the new one from joining your server. Instead the server just kicks them out.

so i assume the best course of action is to simply rename all of the models i've used recently to something new

alright then

BREAKING NEWS

apparently invalid packet: 1 does not have to do with models or anything because miga just tried to join my server with a clean installation and failed miserably

still unable to host due to this error, can you guys at least tell your friends about this topic to speed the process along some

BREAKING NEWS

alright traced the problem back to the source: it was my server_vocalizations mod changing a sound datablock wrong

fixed now, thanks for the help i guess