Author Topic: Keyring Chainmail  (Read 6443 times)

You need to buy real chainmail supplies. You can make chainmail so smooth it's almost soft.

Keyrings? Pokin' yo bitch ass. However real chainmail's tedious as forget to make, and with is plier-free.

Cool idea, but not functional. You do know ThinkGeek sells chainmail, right?
Exactly. My brother made chain mail from a class once, but he gave up when he made a palm-sized piece because it took so long.
If  you're gonna make a mail out of those, layer them to make them more effective.
I will probably fold it in half, then shape it when I'm done with a big sheet.

It's like one of those things made to protect your balls (How could I forget the name of them?)
They protect from things, but when it gets hit it pushes into your pelvis and hurts like hell.

I'm thinking cup, but that sounds wrong to me. Do you mean when the plastic is bent backwards so it pushes in the opposite direction, i.e. into your pelvis?

Where did you get so many from.

There is a store called Seven Corners here in the Twin Cities. They sold them for 20 bucks.

I tried this with Paperclips

You totally need to buy some, ebay them, with instructions on how to link them. And possibly a how to on the chainmail.

Why, you want me to make a tutorial and hook you up with some? I'll make a tutorial, but I don't know if I can get you any.

Not me, but I am sure someone out there would buy it/use the tutorial if the finished product was good.

Haha, thats actually really creative. Do you intend on doing sleeves at all? I hope to see some updates, super interesting!!

*cough*use pop tabs*cough*

There is a store called Seven Corners here in the Twin Cities. They sold them for 20 bucks.
1. You live in the Twin Cities?  That's awesome.  It's always cool to find out people online actually live near you.
2.  Can you give a google maps link to where the store is?  I did a quick search but there seems to be allot of things by that name.  Found it: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=seven+corners+hardware+saint+paul+mn&ie=UTF8&ll=44.945696,-93.104196&spn=0.020867,0.043945&z=15&iwloc=A&om=0
That's not exactly close to me...dang.  Did the package have any labels or anything?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 09:21:08 PM by laremere »

Well, when we got there, there weren't any set up, so we had to ask. But if they do have enough sitting around, it will say...
KEY
Accessories

──────────
●Wire Key Rings

You can hold tens of thousands of keys at once!

Now which ring at the the house keys......