Author Topic: I want to host a GOOD CityRPG.  (Read 1413 times)

Using Iban's or McTwist's script. Its just that no matter what I host or no matter what the name is people don't come unless they are my admins.

Is there something I'm doing wrong besides hosting a CityRPG? I've tried using an alias (Vigil, a different key) but that doesn't work too well. I need some advice.

RIZENGOD joins them. I'll join when it's up, too.

there are various reasons why nobody's joining

• too many other cityRPGs
  • your ping is awful
  • there's too many other servers in general
  • nobody knows who you are
  • people know who you are and just don't like you
  • you're hosting a city rpg

etc etc

Using Iban's or McTwist's script. Its just that no matter what I host or no matter what the name is people don't come unless they are my admins.

Is there something I'm doing wrong besides hosting a CityRPG? I've tried using an alias (Vigil, a different key) but that doesn't work too well. I need some advice.
You already know what is wrong. The only City RP(G)s that I saw up on the top 3 were Diggy's and Wicked's. Why? Because their mod works and they don't give themselves 45345345345435 gold and have millions of admins. Their cities are built nice. Their's are hosted on a good map. Slate, or any other darkish evening map makes the city look crappy, like how phlack and pitfall's looked.

Slate, or any other darkish evening map makes the city look crappy, like how phlack and pitfall's looked.
Slate Desert, even though being desert, is the standard slate for me.

You should probably do something that makes your server unique, a theme could perhaps help. You should also probably create a central area, to give them a feel of your server and it can be used for promoting your servers.

Making a city RP that isn't on a slate map may work out. I always liked kitchen and bedroom.

I modded Slate Tundra for dark.

I spent hours on the city's roads and stuff, and with the old one I spent a week or so making the essentials.

I know that other people don't play CityRPGs much but you'd expect something like this to attract more idiots. If anyone wants to come, the server is up right now and will be down when the internet crashes again.
Making a city RP that isn't on a slate map may work out. I always liked kitchen and bedroom.

I tried kitchen and got pretty far. Bedroom is limited.

inb4more'theproblemisthatitsacityrpg'comments

edit: If you're trying to come, I'm hosting as Vigil right now.

Double Toast.

The only loving people who come to this server are morons. Dear jesus christ in a handgun.

Double Toast.

The only loving people who come to this server are morons. Dear jesus christ in a handgun.
That is because City RPs are for morons.