Author Topic: AlpinesRevisedSnow -A simple map edit  (Read 5470 times)

As you know Jimmg released the map "Alpines".  This was exactly what his description said as:  Ahh peaceful.  He was very correct, but the mountains seemed a little harsh, almost threatening.  It looked like a rocky, barren landscape.  Also few people build in the mountains I noticed (though a camoflaged army base would be perfect for a Dogfight TDM in case of hiding from Bombers)

So let me get down to the point, It needed SNOW!!!  Yes snow, the only thing that gives a child great joy on a winter morning.  I revised it, adding Snow, hiking paths, and a valley that would be good for a Mideival Rpg.  Plus I raised terrain in one area making a ridge that is quite rocky (just for looks), and finally, I left a secret about a Blockland Mile away from the Spawn point.  Im not telling the direction though, that's yours to find out.  (or why not guess)

Here are some screenshots I took ingame:

Feel free to leave any comments you might have.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 06:42:46 PM by SWAT One »

Ok, does anyone know how to post these from the screenshots folder?

I fixed it, TinyPic worked!

Sensitively textured. Only thing I could suggest is that the path thins out a bit and has overlaps with random patches of snow when it rises to the mountains so that it doesn't look so defined. It /is/ snow after all.

Other than that, looks good.

Sensitively textured. Only thing I could suggest is that the path thins out a bit and has overlaps with random patches of snow when it rises to the mountains so that it doesn't look so defined. It /is/ snow after all.

I'll take that into suggestion, also, I have made the valley more grassy (than what it is in the pic.) and once again, the surprise is still there.

If you come or think of joining my server, and it is on Alpines, you are bound to see this.

whar is the snowfall

Tf I added Snowfall, the whole valley would have to be covered in snow, but I will make a Tundra Version soon.

It's being reviewed nao.

:3

i like this, it could use a different skybox