Author Topic: My issue with studs and lighting.  (Read 2795 times)

Recently I was hosting a server in destruct.
This map has absolutely no light. (sun color is 0 0 0 1)
That is what I wanted.
But when I looked at my bricks, the studs were visible.

Is there any possible way around this without modifying client sided files or using special bricks?

Edit: And no, I'm not going to use print bricks. That increases the brick count by 1024 per 64x64 baseplate.

Edit2: Made a certain important note bigger that everyone seemed to miss.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:13:01 PM by Chrono »

I seem to remember someone edited the brick textures to make them not be so bright in darkness. I don't know where they went though.

I seem to remember someone edited the brick textures to make them not be so bright in darkness. I don't know where they went though.
Is there any possible way around this without modifying client sided files?

oh. I must have missed that part D:

Just cover the floor with black print bricks..

Just cover the floor with black print bricks..
And no, I'm not going to use print bricks. That increases the brick count by 1024 per 64x64 baseplate.
It would greatly increase the ghosting time, and have a large negative impact on the average users' FPS.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 06:29:30 PM by Pliny »

Another problem I have it the way faces can be seen in the dark. You can see someone that has the red beard face that is standing 50 feet away.

Another problem I have it the way faces can be seen in the dark. You can see someone that has the red beard face that is standing 50 feet away.

Phosphorus beard!

I find this to be quite annying too, being able to see the studs but barely any outline of the brick and being able to see faces miles away, but barely any body...

It am confus

I've noticed this too. There was some light-coherent ones floating around the forums somewhere though.

I've noticed this too. There was some light-coherent ones floating around the forums somewhere though.
I think I need to increase the size of a certain sentence in the OP.

Using demians buildable print mod thing, you could easily make some print bricks of a larger size

Using demians buildable print mod thing, you could easily make some print bricks of a larger size
Clearly, you don't get what that add-on is for.