Author Topic: Malware effect  (Read 2270 times)

Yesterday at exactly 9:00 I got a malware, after I couldn't open any files I went right into the malware's folder and deleted it and everything else that's virus like... after that I restarted and nothing would work, it would say file cannot be found, anyway, I found something called SVChost in my program files folder, and deleted it... still nothing... Could you guys help me?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 06:15:06 PM by troy001234 »

svchost is important
its a constantly running process on my computer and it works fine

u has just messed up :cookieMonster:

svchost is important
its a constantly running process on my computer and it works fine

u has just messed up :cookieMonster:
SVChost.exe is not the proper name and it isn't in Program Files.

The real one is svchost.exe.

Run a virus scan.

How did you know which folder the malware (and "everything else that's virus-like") was in?

svchost is an exe that hosts dll files.  It should be spelled "svchost.exe" all other processes are using the names as a cover.  

SVChost.exe is not the proper name and it isn't in Program Files.

The real one is svchost.exe.

Run a virus scan.
oh
i dont have the one with caps thank god

Naw, it wasn't all caps, it's just a habit for me. also I don't think I deleted the one in the system 32... yet. ;-;

How did you know which folder the malware (and "everything else that's virus-like") was in?
Because I've had malware a few times before, and I always check my program files for things like that.

But how do you know it's malware?

"virus scanner" that's asking for money to remove the fake viruses.

What virus protection are you using?

"virus scanner" that's asking for money to remove the fake viruses.
I'm gonna need to know the name of the rogue antivirus (the virus) in order to go to google and pull up a guide that will take two seconds to find help you any.