Author Topic: Is Blockland normally anti aliased?  (Read 3596 times)

I just now noticed Blockland is anti aliased for me. I don't remember it having anti aliasing before, though. Anyone know why it's anti aliased for me?

Tom

From what I heard its not.

How do you activate anti aliasing?

I activate AA with my graphics card control panel.

Woah.
I've got AA on. Always have, even when I had my old card which put out 8FPS, I still couldn't stand no AA.

I don't have AA, can an ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card enable Anti-Aliasing for Blockland?

I don't know how to open any sort of control panel for my graphics card. :S

I don't have AA, can an ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card enable Anti-Aliasing for Blockland?
A Radeon 9550 would probably have troubles doing high anti-aliasing, but 4x might be fine.

You need to have a non-integrated graphics chip. It can't be Intel or whatever vague integrated brand. Nvidia and ATI are the only two GPU manufacturers who have control panels with their graphics card drivers. Simply open up your graphics control panel, find something that looks vaguely similar to "application settings", add Blockland and make Blockland have the desired amount of anti-aliasing. The highest is 16xQ which is what most people here use, but I only recommend going that high if you have a higher end graphics card, otherwise I recommend you setting it to 4x or 8x.

MrCookie helped me, 16x AA :D

Before

After

What is anti aliasing?

What is anti aliasing?
Basically, it means instead of the image having sharp edges it has smooth edges

I activate AA with my graphics card control panel.

Me too :D

I set it to 16x

nVidia FTW!

Oh, ok. Thank you!

Yea, just look at his feet in the two pics. You can see the difference