Author Topic: all of my Torque problems on one thread. I kinda need help  (Read 1340 times)

OK, jeez, I thought you had to include the datablock in every script.

do i have to execute the script per weapon i use or can i simply execute it once and use the same projectile name for the projectile per script

You have to execute the script if you want the weapon at all.
However, if your add-ons aren't package together, it is bad practice. People may not download the weapon that has all the datablocks.

Only share datablocks if they're in one package.

However, if your add-ons aren't package together, it is bad practice. People may not download the weapon that has all the datablocks.

You can define the shared datablocks in one add-on, and force require it everywhere else you need them. There's no problem with that.

clarification: i have one package with all of the weapons in it. server.cs executes all of my weapons, and my projectile type scripts. do my projectile type scripts have to be executed from each weapon script or can i simple use the projectile name in the script.

Datablocks only need to be defined once and you're done. A datablock is a like a recipe in a cookbook; a chef doesn't need two recipes for almond glaze just because two different desserts call for it.

nice simile :D

ty - solved