Author Topic: V16: More visible lights? [VIDEO]  (Read 2202 times)

Lights at a long distance or grouped with several other lights begin to stop rendering, and there is no option to disable this.

What I'm asking for is that option, to be able to see the effects of many more lights simultaneously.

I hope that this may be done as part of Version 16. Lights are a very important part of creating beautiful scenes, and their correct use provides great potential for the game as a whole.

I actually noticed this when I was building something with lots of lights for a needed effect. When I noticed it I was disappointing about it.

I support this for many, MANY reasons.

I was making a night version of ACM city and noticed this as well.

Quote from: My YouTube comment
Very beautifully-made video bro, you're already getting good at Vegas. This is an excellent suggestion as well, I always hate when the lights do this.

From what I can tell, each brick is lighted individually causing bricks lighting effect to fade to black on the far side of the direction of the light causing these lighting issues, I highly HIGHLY doubt this will ever be fixed. In the Torque Lighting pack or whatever it was called (introduced into Torque at version 1.4.0 I believe) completely redid the lighting for the Torque engine allowing better lighting in dark areas rather then a flat face.

Lol, Squiddee is A.T/R.C

Lol, Squiddee is A.T/R.C
Indeed

From what I can tell, each brick is lighted individually causing bricks lighting effect to fade to black on the far side of the direction of the light causing these lighting issues, I highly HIGHLY doubt this will ever be fixed. In the Torque Lighting pack or whatever it was called (introduced into Torque at version 1.4.0 I believe) completely redid the lighting for the Torque engine allowing better lighting in dark areas rather then a flat face.
The request is for a higher number of brick lights to affect surrounding bricks. Through whatever you're trying to tell me, to me, it appears you seem to think that I think there is a glitch regarding lighting on single bricks, such as a small light at one corner of a cube lighting up half of its side. If that is the case, although that is a problem, I can work with it and that's not what I'm asking about.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:54:03 PM by Eksi »

I love the video.

Also, I agree here.

He still didn't fix the visor problem though.

He is A.R.C!?! OMJF!
A.T.C. is not A.R.C.

He is A.T.C. which is a completely different person

Honestly, despite the similarities in the name, why would you think A.T.C. is the same person as A.R.C.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 09:34:23 PM by Eksi »

A.T.C. is not A.R.C.

He is A.T.C. which is a completely different person

Honestly, despite the similarities in the name, why would you think A.T.C. is the same person as A.R.C.
Why do you think I am serious?

Why do you think I am serious?
Because I was hoping you weren't annoying enough to say stuff that makes absolutely no sense, so I had to assume that you were just an idiot.

That video was made very well.

That video was made very well.

Second that.  It was wonderfully done.