Author Topic: Survivor Base  (Read 17638 times)

Set 2 years after the events of Zombies in the Bluzone**, me and the team have decided to get back together and make a sequel.
Our main objective is instead of having large, somewhat empty areas we want smaller and more detailed builds.
The Survivor Base is a perfect example. I've done my best to make this place worth exploring, the pictures you see aren't even the full cake- and trust me this isn't a lie. The build is very user-interactive, having readable notes, events and hidden areas. I also wanted to accommodate firefights and death matches, so some bricks break upon being shot thereby making the player choose their cover more specifically... Plus it's more awesome seeing bricks fly everywhere...
Being the lame forum browser you are, you're probably bored so... Have some pictures!!!

1A

Outside 1A, a small camp place.

Inside 1A, a place for gathering and re-supplying.

The building 1A itself.

Just to the side of 1A, a destroyed building, a pipeline, some crates and bricks on a pallet.

Front Gate

An eery front gate, to welcome survivors into the base.

A small graveyard to the side of the front gate. All the graves can be read.

4A (Vodka Bar)

Outside 4A.

Inside 4A is a Bar. A nice meeting place to have a friendly chat, a couple drinks and let your hair down.

The Noticeboard. This where survivors can pick up jobs, get some pointers and current affairs.

The top floor of 4A, sports a fire place and some beds.

Another angle of the top floor, note how the windows have been (poorly) barricaded. Also a pretty cool pool table.

A small guard spot/lookout. Provide a good view on the roads below and allows the guard to re-supply under fire.

2A (Garage/Trader)

Inside 2A is a small work bench, and other garge-ee things. Also provides decent cover making it a good fallback spot.

A picture of the Trader's office/room. A good spot for storage and hiding- note how the windows are blocked.

Behind 4A, a little junk ally. Has a dumpster, bins and other junk. Provides a good flank point and cover.

3A

The road outside 3A. On the right is 2A (Garage). On the left is 2A. At the back is 4A(Vodka Bar).

A better view of 3A. Note the bridge connecting 2A (Garage) and this building.

The bottom floor of 3A, has a blocked room. You can still get inside it via a secret passage. Also has a readable note.

The top floor of 3A, gives survivors a camp spot. The windows are also blocked so it provides cover from snipers.

Toilet

Outside the toilet, has a nice little clothes line and some cover for survivors just off the road.

Inside the toilet. Has a bed and a lamp as a means of last resort, should you need to hide or line up for the toilet.

Finally an overhead shot.

I'd like to thank Syntho and Asp for both helping and putting up with me.
I would appreciate criticism, suggestions, ways I could improve, ratings out of ten and general comments. Hope you like it!! :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:38:35 AM by Kniaz »

Epic.

Fight on survivors!

Pretty nice, that was also a witty comment about the pictures and cake.

Saw this at Syntho's server while it was very WIP. It looks amazing.

I'm hosting the build now on my server, if you wanted to explore ;)

Two questions:

1.Your ingame name is the same correct?

2.Zapt or L4B(both are fine)

Maw we have Save of both of these?

Ingame name is the same, L4B.
For now there's no zombies, I'm just displaying the build while I work on another area.

And no, sorry, no saves.

EDIT: The server name should be Kniaz's server... Or something like that, haha. I haven't bothered forwarded my ports yet so the Ping probably isn't displayed.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:16:40 PM by Kniaz »

Epic. :D

2.Zapt or L4B(both are fine)

L4B, note the ammo crate in picture 12.

Maw we have Save of both of these?

Wait, what do you mean by both? I only see one build here? ;s

I think he means the Zombies in the Bluzone build.

Oh, haha. I lost that save awhile ago :(

This Is Awesome But I Love The Toilet LoL.