Author Topic: OC megathread - why  (Read 289541 times)

you guys always leave me out of these things i mean come on

look at that beautiful face how can you possibly say no

i dont have the SKILL

in other stuff, some concepts for how Tanner would attack
http://i.imgur.com/aXAuxks.png
generating lots of mesite fast uses up power, but even basic movement and computation give off enough residuous charge to require an excess port. this excess is directed into a cast on the back, which forms it into a sword, which is very useful, given how fast mesite swords can get damaged. in an emergency, Tanner can grow rudimentary weapons very fast, but those take a lot of time to clean up afterwards and use up a lot of power.
i also scrapped the back-spikes because they were impractical and looked bad from nearly every angle. the other stuff is still wip.

i also refined the concept of mesite a bit

Mesite is a strange material, one could say. The first pieces were found floating around in Neptune's storms, growing and shattering due to the electric discharges and the strong winds. Of course, those weren't recovered, as it's impractical to gather resources from a gas giant. However, soon after leaving the solar system, humanity found more occurrences of mesite - and, from solid planets with strong permanent storms, they could be recovered.
Experimentation has proven the properties of mesite. One such famous experiment took place when scientists covered a lightning rod in mesite and submerged it partially. When lightning struck, a moderate amount of water around the rod quickly turned into mesite. Today, many things are made out of mesite - even those that don't need to regenerate, since mesite is so easy to produce.
Mesite 'grows' when an electric current is applied, utilizing moisture around it. The direction and amplitude of growth can easily be controlled by adjusting the current. Mesite is also valued for its temperature properties - at room temperature, it behaves much like an ordinary plastic. When cooled, it loses some of its flexibility and becomes tougher, but brittle in excess cold. When heated, it becomes more and more flexible, becoming a fluid at high enough temperatures, and if superheated, it can burn up into relatively useless remains.

ps: sorry if it seems like i'm flooding the thread with this stuff. i'm mostly just putting it together for me, so i can understand how to do this better. if you dont wanna see this anymore tell me and ill just put it somewhere else
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 08:52:57 AM by Tudoreleu »

you guys always leave me out of these things i mean come on

look at that beautiful face how can you possibly say no

You're never in the call anymore AA

Unoriginal Character: Chef

The sprite that made me create chef...

Zay:

TheKid:

I made some crappy fan art for Kel'Block :)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 04:42:57 PM by Bacon Pancakes »

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:19:26 PM by WaffleCake »

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 05:40:46 PM by KelBlock »

Unoriginal Character: Chef

The sprite that made me create chef...

Zay:

TheKid:

hello there children

i couldn't think of any weapon to realistically put there.  have an incredibly alarmed robot
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:43:34 PM by Cybertails1998 »

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 04:55:22 PM by Tudoreleu »

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:43:01 AM by TeeOS »

flat is 5'2" if u wanna add him