Author Topic: forum profile information revoked?  (Read 2135 times)

Money if you give someone that link.

(try quoting this post, haha)
hi

pretty annoyed, he wont even tell me the reasoning behind revoking the privileges instead of just removing the link.

Well maybe it was because you put a referral link in your profile and they are not allowed on this forum.

pretty annoyed, he wont even tell me the reasoning behind revoking the privileges instead of just removing the link.

Uh, because you broke a pretty clear cut rule?

I realize that now, but to be honest I haven't gone over the rules in a few months so I forgot about it; and then I put it into my profile. I tried apologizing to Badspot but he's completely ignoring me.

Just gonna leave this here.
as I've stated before, i realize this now, and i even clarified in the post above yours that i hadn't brushed up on the rules in a while (not saying its not my fault or anything)

The ban could at least have noticed you and was not permanent. It is fair/unfair to me.

The ban could at least have noticed you and was not permanent. It is fair/unfair to me.
That's what I'm thinking. Although my own actions were stupid they could've at least warned me before they revoked my privilege to change anything else.

the warning was in the rules, you didn't read the rules so you got your stuff revoked. it could be worse, you could have been banned.

the warning was in the rules, you didn't read the rules so you got your stuff revoked. it could be worse, you could have been banned.
Exactly, The rules are to help users to learn and follow them, If you don't read and follow the rules it's your own fault for facing the consequences because you didn't listen, You didn't follow the guidelines and therefore you suffered the consequences, You should learn from this experience and follow the rules next time.

I'd prefer to banned for a week instead of not being able to edit my profile ever.