Author Topic: gmod  (Read 1855 times)

can you play gmod all by itself? or do you need portal  team fortress etc.

You need a source game to play Gmod.

Edit -
I don't understand why people come here for Gmod question. There is a perfectly fine website that already answers all of the questions that you may ask.
http://www.garrysmod.com/

Found under the FAQ:

What games do I need to play GMod?

You need at least one Valve Source Engine game, there's a list of them here. Steam won't let you buy Garry's Mod on its own if you're unable to play it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 10:42:45 PM by Vertzer »

can you play gmod all by itself? or do you need portal  team fortress etc.
Just get the Orange Box, you get all the props from those games which can be used in Gmod.

i just want to play an old version for physics.... if its over 20mb im not playin  it all just have to play "that" game

You expect a decent 3D game to be under 20mb?

Do you expect a Source Engine mod to not require a Source game?

if you dont have any games you can still get garrysmod when you buy garrysmod and you have no games it will have a game with it. its will have half life 2 with it but its Pre-load complete ok and half life 2 has know jalopy if you want to drive it you have to have half life 2 episode 2 to have the jalopy and i couple days back i got the orange box on cd so i could get all the games and stuff i hope this helps cya

Captain Jack is just brain damaged, you DO need a Source game.

buy 1 game which is portal, team fortress, half life, counter strike, (and i think day of defeat) and you will get the props from said game, and half-life 2 as defualt, then you can download extra content and get extra games to add extra props.
use the search button toy our advantage. I made a similar thread to this.

Just a note;
It won't let you buy Gmod if you are unable to play it.

You need a Source game.
Those games are:
Any game with Source in its title
Team Fortress 2

Then you can get gmod.

also gb2facepunch

Hey Part I don't have any Source games can I buy steam?

You need a Source game.
Those games are:
Any game with Source in its title
Team Fortress 2

Then you can get gmod.

also gb2facepunch
Wrong.
Take a look at the reply I gave. A link of compatible source games was provided.

Hey Part I don't have any Source games can I buy steam?
You're kidding, right?

stuff, I meant Gmod not Steam.

Steam won't let you buy Gmod if you don't have any games that were listed.